FOC Fall Drive to Starved Rock | FerrariChat

FOC Fall Drive to Starved Rock

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Gerry328, Oct 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    The Chicago Ferrari Owners Club will have its fall drive on Sunday October 12. We will take the scenic back roads from Naperville to Starved Rock. Hopefully no off-roading this year!

We will meet at the Dairy Queen parking lot in the Springbrook Center located at 2547 Plainfield Naperville Rd in Naperville (Plainfield Road North of 95th street on West side of Plainfield Naperville Rd). Meet at 9:00 AM and depart promptly at 9:30 AM, the drive takes about 2 hours.

Please let me know if you will attend so I can make reservations for lunch at the Starved Rock Café. Afterwards we can take a short or long hike along the trails.

2. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Any chance if the weather is bad this will get postponed a week? I'll be out of town on the 12th but I'd love to join you guys. I'm new to the Ferrari world and haven't gone on any group drives yet.

3. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    If it's bad weather, we won't be going. So, yes it may get postponed a week. It depends on if it fits other people's schedules.

4. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    we MAY bring two cars...the white 308 and blue Lambo..... it hasnt been out once this year so would be nice to exercise it

5. Gumart1

Gumart1 Karting

Dec 22, 2010
    Highland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Marty
    As of today there is a 60% chance of rain in both Naperville and Utica. I would like to join everyone, but hope that the organizer will consider rescheduling for the following Sunday.

6. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Yep, the weather looks marginal at best. Will make the final call to cancel or reschedule by Friday.

7. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    The Chicago FOC has decided to cancel this drive.

8. D N M

D N M Karting

Dec 20, 2013
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Gerry, would you be able to share the route you were planning to take? Saturday seems to be a nice day and I might take my car out for a ride tomorrow instead. Any other takers?