For KC-135 fans: | FerrariChat

For KC-135 fans:

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Gatorrari, Jan 31, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  2. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    This is quite a time warp for me when I see a beautiful crew chief young lady that number one, would never have happened when I was in the USAAF and number two, taking her airplane to the bone yard after both she and her father took care of it over most of its life. It's hard to grasp. Having a 1958 contract number means that I did some work on it when I was at Renton. That would have been five years after we first started working on the program simply identified as model 717. Model 717 was the first production design iteration after the 367-80 and little did we know of the worldwide impact that it would have on aviation after it was modified for civilian use as the 707. I have tried my best to find someone with whom I worked on the 707 then and so far without success. After spending some time recently with a bunch of pretty nurses , I think I'll leave it be . Thanks for posting this, Jim.

donv, Ak Jim, Gatorrari and 2 others like this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Spent quite a bit of time lined up behind one of those. The good old days.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Bob, I know that when you first worked on this airplane that you never figured that it would serve for 63 years!

jimshadow, islerodreaming and donv like this.