FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO - Sao Paulo...RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO - Sao Paulo...RACE.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I want a 100 page thread on the injustice of this all.

2. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    gh0st0 likes this.
  3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Chuck did come across as a bit of a whingey baby. Otherwise a nice recovery by the squadra.

lagunacc, kandi and Bas like this.
  4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Well.. Michael isn't there any more to keep it a MOTOR RACE.

sjd

trumpet77 likes this.
  5. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Race highlights:

GIORGIO ROSSELLI VINCE IL GRAN PREMIO DELLA BARRICHELLICA AVA MMXXII ||| ALTELVCI DELLA CORSA

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    cose strano

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

9. Another F1 officiating system needs addressing

In the aftermath of the Abu Dhabi officiating shambles last year, the FIA tweaked F1’s timing systems to automate the procedure of letting lapped cars overtake and join the queue during safety cars. That all seems sensible, but an unexpected problem occurred with this system in Brazil.

Tsunoda ended up not able to unlap himself as technically he already had when he pitted at the end of the first safety car lap following Norris’s late stoppage, from behind Russell at the head of the queue. By arriving at the first safety car line first and then being able to run at full speed through the pit entry, Tsunoda briefly unlapped himself getting to the control line ahead on his way to take more mediums. This meant, per the automated system, he could not be waved through after rejoining in the snake behind Sainz, as Alex Albon and Nicholas Latifi later would do.

When the order for the Williams pair to overtake the safety car was given, Tsunoda initially passed Sainz, but gave the place back, causing Ferrari’s late-race concern, and then remained lapped until the restart, where he let the rest of the pack pass by. This cemented his last-place finish and came about because an anomaly in the automated system meant he could not be ordered to pass by as, technically, he had already done so.

While the pitlane entry layout in Brazil was a factor, the FIA will assess how to tweak the automated system “at future Sporting Advisory Committees as part of the normal review procedures”, per a governing body statement.

8. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    #433 werewolf, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    This scenario ^^^^ was unexpected and unanticipated, by the geniuses who developed the wonderful, new automated unlapping system??

What a bunch of clowns. My Carrera slot car system is smarter than this (able to recognize pit lane entries during a safety car interval for what they are) :rolleyes:

Someone needs to be fired. Mercedes was clearly and unfairly gifted the win yesterday.

lagunacc, ingegnere and Bas like this.
  9. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Boomhauer and Nurburgringer like this.
  10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    and so sank RB rip

11. petrol_junkie

petrol_junkie Karting

Jan 16, 2017
    Dublin
    #436 petrol_junkie, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    lagunacc likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I do find it pretty funny how the world media/fans are in complete uproar about RBR whilst at the same time happy to write articles excusing Ferrari for not swapping (despite Sainz ignoring team orders when the title was very much on the line in Silverstone) to gain P2 in the championship...

It's because P2 in the drivers championship is a total non story. There is no FIA payment for it, no advantage to gain whatsoever.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    At this point, I’m hoping Ferrari lose 2nd place in the constructors championship so they get more wind tunnel time. Those Merc *****s with more WT time than RB and Ferrari is not good. Allied to their scheming ways, they could be hard to beat next year.

stavura, Bas, jpalmito and 1 other person like this.
  15. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    No harm in asking if it was discussed and Sainz agreed. You don’t ask, you don’t get.

He didn’t get and he moved on.

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    His relationship with Binotto seems deteriorated.
    Elkann won’t let Charles leave the team..

Bas likes this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    With the steps Merc made, rule changes they pushed through, I'm not surprised if they aren't the team to beat next year.

375+ likes this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The one saving grace for Ferrari is that Charles hasn't got anywhere to go.

19. Kimi2007

Kimi2007 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Patrick James
    For 1 or 2 seasons. Then he'll look elsewhere if things don't change.

jpalmito and william like this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True. They're ****ed after that.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm not sure if people know the whole story here.
    Prior to the race, there weer talks inside the garage and it was asked to Sainz that in the eventuality that he was running ahead of Charles, even for a podium to let Charles trough. carlos agreed to it. This is the reason why charles made the request, because it was arranged before the race, it didn't came from nowhere, Charles didn't just decided to ask! Now, they didn't told Carlos to gave the position, so i'm ok with him, and i can even understand Ferrari's reluctance in asking, cause Fernando was very close on fresher tyres, but stop saying Charles was asking for something that he didn't deserve or that he shouldn't have asked, he was simply reminding them to keep the agreement made before trhe race, wich i think it's more than fair on his part.

JJ, kes7u, stavura and 5 others like this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Again radio communication should be banned during broadcasting.
    Only for hype and create artificial conflicts on social networks!

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm also hearing from more than one source that Binotto is going to be ousted. It seems Abu Dhabi will be his last race as Ferrari team principle...i sure hope so, if he can't get ride of Rueda and all the other incompetents, than he also must go!

Bas likes this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    looks like Vasseur is the prime candidate

jpalmito likes this.
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He's one of the names, also Coletta but i'm not sure since he's ahead of the hypercar program and may not be a good idea to make changes there. I thing Vasseur would be to Charles liking since they have a very good relationship. Precisely one of the thing that might force Ferrari to change Binotto is Charles, because he's very displeased right now, and there are echoes all around the italian press that he might strt looking outside Ferrari, and both the italian media and the Tiffosi are adamant that Charles is the most important thing at Ferrari, so keeping him is the most important.

Bas and jpalmito like this.