From Rennlist - GT3 dyno numbers | Page 3 | FerrariChat

From Rennlist - GT3 dyno numbers

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gary(SF), Dec 22, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    "As far as Z06 dyno numbers go, I beleive a stock Z06 puts down about 320rwhp. The Z06 is an amazing car when it comes to true performance and I think it is definately capable of doing a low 12 quarter mile."[/QUOTE]

I had a 2002 Z06 for a while. It dynoed bone-stock at 341 corrected rwhp if I remember correctly. I'll have to pull out the dyno report to double check. And I have seen time slips of stock ones doing low 12's (12.2s-12.3s).

2. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Thanks for the clarification rscholl. Why did you get rid of the Z06?

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Allan, that's bull ****. I am as big a Lambo fan as you would find anywhere and my opinion does not change whether it's Ferrari, Porsche, or Lamborghini.

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! Id love to see someone dyno a Gallardo and it have lower hp#'s than it should.

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Whilst I understand your logic and see where you're coming from, these are two totally different situations. Why do Porsches EVER beat anything on the track which has more horsepower?? They're simply sensational cars...end of story!

All I'm trying to tell you is that a dyno (and others have said it now too) is just a number. All dynos are calibrated differently. You can only compare two cars on the one dyno with the same operator. I still think that you'd find that in the properly controlled environment most cars will output what the factory states, and certainly all the Ferraris and Porsches I've dealt with have. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a problem with Thomas' car. Ferrari dyno ALL engines. They have a magnificent engine building and testing facility.

Porsches are just amazing on the track...forget horsepower, they are the total package. I can't tell you how often I've watched a Porsche get overtaken down a straight by a ferrari only to them see the Porsche outbrake and outcorner and be off in the distance in no time.

6. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I agree with Aircon, they are good cars, I just dont understand the power on dyno's...but hey, it doesnt matter that much i guess, either way the stradale is hitting 60 in four flat...my only real interest here is how it compares next to a plain 360...and the only way to measure hp difference in this case is an ENGINE DYNO, and then, maybe a dyno next to a modena/spider, to see the difference, that would help...raw numbers dont mean all that much...

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    To what extent can the dyno take into account real world "grip" issues? I know that neither of my 550's could launch that quickly from a dead stop, and would spin, with or without the electronic safety net. The z06 i rode in last year just stuck and launched like a mother from a standstill. As does the GT-2 which has no electronic harness, but seems to grip far better for standing start launches. If we were talking pure muscle, the right comparison, for the price, would be the GT-2, which has huge torque. But, that wouldn't stop me from buying the Ferrari.

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    price difference between modena and cs is enough for a z06 with enough thrown in to mod it with brembos, etc for track. the cs is awesome but rediculous to spend so much more over a 360. that is crux of matter for me. along with f credibility.

9. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    What does a 2004 360 Modena F1 with front/rear challenge grills, shields, leather sport seats, and 19" rims/tires list for, $182,000 to $185,000 or so?

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You can't really quantify the money...you simply want a CS (or whatever car it is) or you don't. For a lot less money you can ALWAYS get something faster!

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    2004 Modena F1 base list: 158,000
    Shields: 1,200
    Leather Sport Seats: 4,100
    Challenge Grills: 800
    19" wheels (unk)
    ---------
    Total: 164,100

Numbers are approximate, but within 1%. Modular wheel option is about 2,400, but I don't know if they are 18" or 19".

Gary