From the land of little information...made in Italy..Carello Fog Lamps? | FerrariChat

From the land of little information...made in Italy..Carello Fog Lamps?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fastmerc, Apr 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastmerc

fastmerc Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    Greetings!
    While I've been able to figure out the Carello lamps/lights used on my DeTomaso Mangusta, I cannot figure out information on some Carello Fog Lights I came across in a box of spare and other assorted old parts, I found two sets of new lights, a pair of chrome "PA Crystal" JOD lights (SAE-Z-74) and a pair of black "PA Crystal" with no SAE numbers but numbers 822 HR E3 20 43632 and 06.340.700 in various places on the glass lens.

Both sets have white plastic lens covers with clear lens, and what I found as odd....no bulbs?! Were the bulbs country specific by any chance?

I'm trying to figure out the vintage applications of these lights. The SAE 74 is pretty simple and seems to be very similar to the lights used in the 74 365 GTC4 Daytona, and likely others.

But the black ones are a mystery. What I find odd is that they do not have any SAE numbers.....something I thought was used from WAY back.....into the early 60's (ie license plates lamps had an SAE 63 number)....?? OR, are these simply a EURO only deal with no US markings?

Both sets of boxes have pieces of the Carello Italian labels/seals on them.

Thanks in advance for any guidance here!
    Steve

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. morcal

morcal Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2003
    Turin,Italy
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Fog lamps as per pictures 2 and 3 are on Dino GT4 series 1

3. fastmerc

fastmerc Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    Grazi morcal!!!

I now know more than I started with......
    Cheers!