Front Plates | FerrariChat

Front Plates

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by wfo900, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    Has anyone had any "issues" getting through Virginia Inspection without a front Plate?

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Rich,

I didn't have any problems in Md. In fact, since the inspection is done prior to getting tags, I don't see how this could be an issue. I just looked at my inspection check list and it isn't listed.

3. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    It's required in MD, although it's usually overlooked unless you're already stopped for something else. I, personally, have been stopped twice for driving without one.

LS

4. Bobert

Bobert Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Oak Hill VA
    Nope...don't have them on my 355, Viper or any of my Corvettes. Never been a problem here in the great Commonwealth of Virginny! Inspector at gas station is usually so hot just getting to look at the cars (and pull them into the bay) that it never has been an issue. (think about it...if you get Hondas and minivans all day, getting to inspect a hot car breaks up the day). Also, I make sure cars are in good shape and always clean and polished before they go in. Use the same inspecton station for all of my cars (9 currently). Knows that if he finds something, I will fix it...but I usually check it out before I take them to him. Have not had a front plate on a Sports Car out here since late 80's. Figure though that if I ever get pulled...then I will get additional ticket. So far so good!

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The law here in Texas has elevated "no Front Plate" to probable cause for a traffic stop, with no other violations....

In fact they have set up random road blocks with a many as SIX cruisers in place. Of course a full vehicle review ensues for any other violations......
    I suppose if you can stand the scrutiny, it's OK.

Always glad to exchange pleasantries, with our men in blue...

6. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    I hope I have the same luck. I'm actually fairly comfortable with getting it through but I wanted to make sure. I went through a period with a new 911 when Porsche had to redesign their front plate holder and I didn't have a front plate. I got 3 tickets in the District with that - or rather I have paid the same ticket twice and they still want me to pay.;-) Thanks to all for the comments.

7. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    ah, the DC Government - it can't seem to repair potholes that can cause kidney failure, but it is the undisputed master of ticketing. It may be the reason we haven't had an Al Quaeda carbomb in DC, the DC metermaids would be on them before they got out of the car.

has anyone taken the Mass Ave exit off the Rock Creek Parkway (northbound) lately?? the burro trail down into the Grand Canyon is in better shape.

8. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    hehe, I haven't taken that exit lately, but I know that you still need a winch and Detroit lockers to get through M Street in Gtown.

LS

9. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "The law here in Texas has elevated "no Front Plate" to probable cause for a traffic stop, with no other violations....

In fact they have set up random road blocks with a many as SIX cruisers in place."

Sorry to hear that Texas is going nanny, what a shame. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid laws.

10. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003

Most of Wisconsin ave is the model for which car companies base their vehicle endurance test tracks... if it doesn't break while driving on that road it's ready for sale to the public.

11. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Who needs Al Quaeda when you make you own brand of terrorism with exploding manhole covers!! Always great fun on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon.:)