Fuse box values: 308 QV US different from Euro? | FerrariChat

Fuse box values: 308 QV US different from Euro?

Discussion in '308/328' started by magnum, Aug 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Hi all.

I'm a little bit confused because in the owners manual I can see different fuse values of the ones I have in my fuses cover -left and right, both-. I've made a search on Fchat about it but I haven't found any answer.

Could anybody tell us if the US 308 QV fuses values are different from the Euro 308 QV?

I've attached two shots on my Picasa account from one fuse cover:

https://picasaweb.google.com/antonio.regidor/FerrariDetails?authuser=0&feat=directlink

You can see the left fuse box cover with the values; doesn't match the owners manual -mostly all the A16 fuses on the manual are A25 on the cover-.

Any hint? All of you Euro 308 QV owners, could you be so kind to check it? Or maybe I'm wrong and I've fuse covers from another car, maybe 328 or GT4 or GTS/i?

Thanks

P.S.: I'm sorry if the link doesn't work, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong in Picasa...

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #2 BigTex, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    Link works okay, I can see them.

Let me compare to what I have on my covers if no one else answers.

I think the ampacity vs. load is pretty consistant thru the years.

Looks like your fuel pump circuit is running hot, from the melted plastic?

3. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    The fuse covers in those photos are from an early carb car. Go by the Owners Manual values. Better yet, install the Birdman fuse boxes and use updated current values.

Don't know why you ask, but their are substantial differences with the electricals circuits in 1982-85 Euro, 1983 US QV, and 1984-5 US qv cars.

4. star4747

star4747 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Midwest - USA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #4 star4747, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    IMHO you are living on the edge without an Owner's Manual. Download the 1982 QV OM from http://www.ferraridatabase.com/The_Downloads/Manuals_Owners.htm. Re fuseblock covers, they serve no real function as you see from magnum's post. Viewed your profile and found a beautiful car, gotta love what the Euro bumpers add.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They serve the function of telling you the fuse size, IF the are present and correct for the model.....LOL!

When they melt, you know you have a problem!!

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They are color coded, and IIRC there IS a raised embossing on each one with the rating.

OR you could go by the width of the fuse link, Thickest, Not so Thick, Thin and Thinner.

8. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    Thanks guys!

My fuses are OK BigTex!! Not overheating at all!!! The cover is from another car, as I've discovered thanks to you guys, a GTSI...
    The only thing is that I've to replace the one of the clock-horn-etc, and the manual says A16 and on the cover says A25. Well, in fact I will replace it with an A25, because when I'm recharging the battery through the cigarette lighter port, sometimes the fuse blown if I move the smart charger connector plug.
    I'm thinking to upgrade to the Birdman's fuseblock but I'm happy with these old fashioned ones. I prefer to keep it original, but maybe some day...
    Thanks Alan, thanks Paul.

Cheers

9. magnum

magnum Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2008
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    +10000