Gallardo vs. 911 Turbo X50 | FerrariChat

Gallardo vs. 911 Turbo X50

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by markr, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
  2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Gallardo rocks!

3. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not a great review. But the Gallardo sure does sounds impressive from the article you have been posting ALLAN. I am waiting to see what the US mags have to say.

So are you getting one or what?

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    First Murci, then trade the 355 for the Gallardo.

5. j. cordon

j. cordon Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    j. cordon
    I get my black Gallardo in Nov 04, i cant wait! They have a black one for sale now in Newport Beach but they want 229k for it, im getting mine at MSRP so its worth the wait.

6. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    thanks for the post. pretty lame writeup though, imo. i've never driven a gallardo but for overall driving experience, i can't imagine this is even close. it's similar to comparing the TT v. 360, the TT is faster but that is about it.

allan: where are prices now on the murci's?? think gallardo prices will support a floor on murci prices?

7. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    that long already? pretty good for a car with no history.

8. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

Allan:

I really like the Gallardo myself...great car for a first try from what I have read and seen to date. What do you think about the Stradale (complete package) vs the Gallardo?

9. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Damn, I wish the Gallardo had nicer lines to it. The styling of the Murci and Diablo are way more attractive.

10. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Have you seen it in the flesh yet? I too don't think it's a Murcielago, but it flows better than a 996T especially from the front. My opinion though...

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Clax, from what I have read in the Euro Magazines, the Gallardo in person is supposed to be perfect. For some reason the Pics don't do the car justice. I have to say the Murci is a really beauty.

Allan, what color Murci are you going to buy. I know your keeping the SV. When you get the Gallardo will you get it with the E-Gear?

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey guys, just got back home, and test drove a E-gear Gallardo at Ultimate Motor Works. All i can say, is that the car is bad ass. If i were buying one to use as a daily driver, id definately get an E-gear. It looks fantastic in person, and judging from peoples reactions on the roads, they seem to agree. Very comfortable, great visibility, ice cold a/c etc. If i were buying one as toy, id buy a used Murcielago though, it really is much more car.

As for the Gallardo vs Stradale, Evo magazine just did their car of the year issue. Results were:
    1.Porsche Gt3
    2 Lamborghini Gallardo
    3. i forgot
    4. Stradale

13. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

14. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Interesting alan,

Autocar magazine in the UK hated the e gear, nice to know you like it!

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

When I saw one sitting next to a 360, the new Lambo is so low and aggressive looking that it made the 360 look like a normal size car (not good).

If you've only seen it in photos... you haven't seen it.
    Sitting next to a 360 and a 575 it looks like a real exotic car.

17. The gallardo does look really nice I havent seen it in person but a couple of HI-res digital images and it looks awsome Black with yellow callipers.

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Well i have seen several Gallardos and i still find it ugly.

19. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    I am not trying to toot my own horn here, especially being a noobie on this board, but the Gallardo is so much more car than anything it competes with. It is almost unfair. I have quite a bit of time behind the wheel from the launch of the car in Italy that I can base a pretty good comparison. I love Porsche as I have had several and just recently brought a twin turbo back to atlanta from Raliegh through the mountains and it was really nice but the Lambo is so much more invigorating.

Chris

20. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    I am not trying to toot my own horn here, especially being a noobie on this board, but the Gallardo is so much more car than anything it competes with. It is almost unfair. I have quite a bit of time behind the wheel from the launch of the car in Italy that I can base a pretty good comparison. I love Porsche as I have had several and just recently brought a twin turbo back to atlanta from Raliegh through the mountains and it was really nice but the Lambo is so much more invigorating.

Chris

21. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    I have only seen pictures of the new Gallardo altough there is one in town i have not had time to take a real look.I read the Car and Driver test while dove hunting back in september. it seems to be a very strong contender for the sports car market. Car and Driver tested both transmissions and said that the E-gear version was more refined (as far as transmission goes) than any 360. The Gallardo, and any Lamborghini, is much more exotic than almost any Ferrari. This is only because Lamborghini has made many fewer cars than Ferrari or Porsche and most other companies. Because so few are made, Lamborghini can spend much more time developing their cars. With the vertical doors and body styles seen nowhere else, plus the price tag, makes the Lamborghini a very exotic car.

22. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Recently drove a Gallardo, F360, F355 and a friends GT2 back to back at Lambo Dallas and I will say that the porsche is the speed king as well as the Lambo. The porsche is higher quality. The lambo feels like a sportier corvette. Very uninspiring. Hands down the 360 spider and 355 spider with tubi makes my blood boil unlike the other two. I have driven lots of fast exotic cars and none can put the sound, speed and feel together like Ferrari.

23. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Lambo did what Ferrari should have done Looooong ago. They put a V10 in it. For the longest I have been saying this. The other thing that I like about the Lambos, is they have NO timing belts. Come on Ferrari, give up the stupid belts. I really hope that Ferrari sees the light and starts putting V10's in the cars. They have been dominating F1 with a V10 so why not put it in one of the road cars, get on the ball guys. I think that they should have left the scissor doors, non the less it is still a tough car. A wing would be nice too. For some reason I think that Lambos look better with wings on the back.

24. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    Why get both? I mean, The Murcielago is awesome. Im not such a big fan of the Gallardo, but I will give it its due credit. Definitely a true Lamborghini. It just seems odd to me that someone would want both. I guess being a hardcore Lamborghini fan might justify that. But, I dunno, If I had the money, I would definitely consider the Murcielago, but to accompany that, I would want something of an entirely differnet flavor. Especially when spending that kind of money!

But, do what you want. And good luck with it. IMHO you should keep the SV though!

25. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Okay I have another question. Why is the top speed of the Gillardo only 192 mph? Is it electronicly, gear, or aerodynamicly? Or, did Lambo not want it to out top speed it's big brother? From what I have seen this thing is a monster on the street and especially the track. But what gives with the top speed being so low? Even a stock 550 has a top speed closer to 200 mph. I think it was limited some how.