George W. Bush's Resume | Page 3 | FerrariChat

George W. Bush's Resume

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JeffB, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Look at the bright side of this....
    We will only have about 8 more months to kick old GW around.
    Then he can go retire, like all good Texans, to Kenebunkport with his old man. Hopefully soon his brother Jeb will join them as well.
    Of course Neil may be busy with all of his.. ahem....female friends....so we will excuse him if he can't attend.

Maybe Newt, Livingston, Barr, Rogan, can join them for old times sake. ;)

There they can all complain about the worlds ills cause by the Clintons.

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    In your dreams pal...check the polls, this morning's Gallup says 64% of Americans think Clarke is a sour-grapes liar! And Rice testifying will only make it worse for the dems. At the end of the day people will see Kerry for what he is, and what America will not vote for, a Massachusetts liberal tax and spender.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The newest entry in his resume is to (now) cite year old reports that Al-Q was planning to blow up the Library Tower/ US Bank Bldg. Here in LA.

Looks like George 43 NEEDS to "Scare up" a few votes in California. I'm sure he will protect us!

UNbelievable!

DL

4. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Let them blow up half your neighborhood and you'll be first in line to find out "what did he know and when did he know it?"

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    This morning on the news in Chicago, they told of a similar plot (scheduled for the day after 9-11) against the Sears Tower. The government press release also stated that the reason that it didn't come off was all of the heightened secutrity the day after. I do find it interesting that we are only hearing of these now.

Indeed, it looks like someone is trying to "Scare up the votes"!

6. Viper 10

Viper 10 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Chang
  7. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Horse manure.

The reason it is "coming out now" is that this info was gleaned from dozens & dozens of interrogations of that fat mustached Al Queda guy who was captured about a year ago (I forget his name--the one who allegedly masterminded 9/11)...and some of his CLASSIFIED statements have just been declassified.

8. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dave

Nice to see you're back. Where are the pictures? By the way, its been a year, no WMDs any comments?

Art

9. ART360

ART360 Guest

Just noticed? Those advocating flowers in the streets of Iraq should look at the unedited version of what the liberated Iraqis did to 4 of our people today: burned them up, then dragged the corpses through the streets to cheering crowds. That should be added to GWB's resume. He like Nixon, Johnson et al dragged us into a war on false premises, and killed more than a few people, including some of our own.

Art

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    PUUULLLEEEEZZZEEEEEEE Art! Said before, say it again... millions upon millions of square miles of freekin' sand!!! Nuff said!

11. ART360

ART360 Guest

Tifiosi:

This started long before you came on line. Dave and I agreed that after one year, we'd discuss this. You can check the old board for the thread.

Art

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    My bad...sorry Art (I profess as I walk away with my tail between my legs) LOL

13. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Hi, Art!

What pictures? ????? I am not sure what you mean, Art.

It has not been a year. I suggested a year from the date Baghdad fell, which is in May, IIRC. Let's cover this then, OK? I will live up to my word then, if you will also.

14. ART360

ART360 Guest

Of the girls on the posts of course?

Art

15. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi Dave - welcome back.

I have a question, as an impartial third party. I made an earlier post about how some people's blind partisan allegiance leads them to ignore negative aspects of their chosen candidate, be they Republican or Democrat.

We know Clinton dodged the draft by going to Oxford (or something like that - not sure of the timeline). I also think, based on what I have read, that the whole GWB AWOL story may be a red herring, and may be (maybe not) hard to prove - I don't really care anyway, if he took breaks to work on political campaigns.

Here's what does bother me, and I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned too often.

These statements are easy to find on the Internet, from both credible and questionable sources. I ask you, are these statements true? These are not rhetorical questions - I am legitimately asking if they are true.

1) At a time when the wating list to get into the TANG was 18 months, GWB got in on the day he applied (with about two weeks left on his student deferrment). Most probably via his father's friendship with a very well-connected oil tycoon in Houston named Sid Adger (spelling?) who knew some congressman or General or whomever. Apparently this Guard Unit also had Adger's sons, John Tower's son, Lloyd Bentsen's son and a few Dallas Cowboys.

2) He stated that he wasn't volunteering for overseas duty (which may or may not matter to the National Guard during wartime). Probably not.

3) He trained on the F-102, which was no longer allowed for overseas service. The timing of the disqualification of the 102 for Vietnam would be hard/impossible to predict, so who knows if this means anything at all. Probably nothing.

Here's my point/question: If item #1 is true (forget about #2 and #3), is he not in effect a draft dodger or at the very least a "combat dodger"?

On one hand, I don't really care, because I know tens of thousands (maybe more) young men used fraud, family connections or a bus ticket to Canada to get out of Vietnam.

The only reason I do care is that while everyone acknowledges that Clinton was a draft dodger, and many are obsessed with what Kerry did after he came back as a decorated hero from Vietnam (throwing medals, marching with Commies etc.), GWB's camp portrays him as an uber-warrior of sorts, strutting around the flight deck in his flight suit like he was a Top Gun or something.

So true or false: When he had a chance to be a real warrior in combat, he used his father's connections to hide in Texas (while 58,000++ Americans died in the jungles). If true, why isn't everyone offended by his portrayal as the only true patriot/tough guy?

Legitimate question. Thanks.

Joe

16. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Thanks, Joe.

I suspect GWB did use family connections to get the duty of his choice (Nat'l Guard), just as AlGore used his family connections (Father was sitting US Senator) to get the duty of his choice--press corps in Viet Nam. However, please remember that BOTH served honorably. The National Guard of that era was specifically tasked with protecting the Homeland from a feared Communist attack. Remember the Cold War? That was the mentality of th era. IMO, this was, and is, core to GWB's mindset--America first. Those NG guys routinely died serving their country back then, flying constant missions to stay ready in case we were attacked whilst most of our forces were clusterphuquing over in Viet Nam.

17. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Well said MM, the goose never seems good for the Dems gander!