News

Ghia 5000gt found!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Ferraripilot, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Project Master Owner

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    It's man
    It's still April fools for a few more hours here. Couldn't resist. Sorry Walter

2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ....:) and yes, Jimmy Hoffa lives!

3. tritone

tritone F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    I want my click back!

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I do believe that unlike the 2013 Loch Ness version of this story it is legit now, truthful, the 1st and third photos are not photoshop...but if I were the chap buying it I would not have said a word to anybody until the car was back north of the Mediterranean, better not to tempt fate...best of luck to him to get it home, I look forward to a more detailed account after that...maybe this can be my next article, a wonderful tall to tell, hopefully not a tall one:)

5. wilde

wilde Karting

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Same thing... my first impression was that the pictures were a scale model but we are not the first of april and the front of the car still wearing the second style trident (different from the one when the car was exhibited in the shows or at the factory).

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Good morning,

The source referred to in post #4 is a two bit website BUT I just saw that it is copied and pasted from Octane magazine's current issue and they certainly would not have printed such news unless it was properly verified and authenticated.

Now we just have to wait and see if the Saudi customs give the buyer any hassle, hopefully it will soon be heading to the UK and undergo a sympathetic restoration...