Ghibli SS Sill chrome trims | FerrariChat

Ghibli SS Sill chrome trims

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by mvgt2, Nov 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvgt2

mvgt2 Karting

Sep 18, 2012
    Hi Guys

Does anyone know a source for the sill trims for a Ghibli ss?

many thanks in advance

regards

John

2. mvgt2

mvgt2 Karting

Sep 18, 2012
    come on you Ghibli experts

3. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi. There is a similar thread from a few months ago. In summary, they are no longer available. I think Dan (falta125) was considering making some sets.

Rgds.

Mark.

4. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi. There is a similar thread from a few months ago. In summary, they are no longer available. I think Dan (falta125) was considering making some sets.

Rgds.

Mark.

5. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    John to the best of my knowledge the door sill trim was aluminum. At least it was in my 1972 GhibliSS. I have a spare set of used Aluminum sills for a Ghibli if you are interested. There is also a guy on ebay that has a new set in Aluminum for $142 each. I would look at those since they are new and have no dents or scratches

6. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

The sill trim that sits inside the door opening is aluminium and is available. The external bright trim that sits on the outside of the sill is stainless steel and to the best of our knowledge is not. This is the part that Dan was going to reproduce

Julian

7. lineaTesoro

lineaTesoro Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Omar Fernandez
    If there is interest for a few sets, and Dan does not want to do, I can make them, I can replicate the set off my 1971 SS , i would have to study it and figure price.

8. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    My workshop is restoring a ghibli SS Convertible and and the need these sill trims. How quckly can you have a set made up? Price?

9. mvgt2

mvgt2 Karting

Sep 18, 2012
    Hi Linea

I would certainly be interested, do you have a rough idea on price and lead time?

Best Regards

John

10. mvgt2

mvgt2 Karting

Sep 18, 2012
    By the way it is the external trims that i need.

Thanks guys

11. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    Yup' i spent a lot of time trying to get these reproduced here in the L.A area, lots of talker's out there claiming they can reproduce them but no one stepped up to the job. There made of stainless and need to be roll formed but i even checked having them extruded out of aluminum and then polished, the extruders claim it's 8 thousand to make the mold for the machine. I need at least 2 pairs now! Regards Dan

12. lineaTesoro

BANNED Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Omar Fernandez
    OK guys, i'll try to get one off my car over the weekend and go over it with my in house fabricator, and make sure we can replicate correctly in stainless. Then I can try to figure a price and let you know.

13. corsalfa

corsalfa Karting

Mar 8, 2009
    Hi guys,

I'd also be interested in buying a set of your newly remanufactured external trims.
    Let's see how many people could be interested in having some more produced in order to get a realistic quote for a pair.

Regards,

Marc

14. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Interested....

15. lineaTesoro

BANNED Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Omar Fernandez
    I got trim piece off my car, studied with my fabricator, but not an easy part to do, we cannot do in house, so i went off to a few local shops that specialize in Stainless work, after going to 6 shops, found one that may be able to make these, next few days, they will make me a sample piece to check out with tooling they have, worse case is that new tooling would have to be made and cost goes up from there, so as soon as i know, i will post info.

16. corsalfa

corsalfa Karting

Mar 8, 2009
    Any advance on your project Tesoro?
    I'm sure we're many interested in your response and therefore...in your help.

Best regards,

Marc

17. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    What happened with the ghibli sill trim? I need a pair

18. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

19. lineaTesoro

BANNED Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Omar Fernandez
    Hello Friends, I have not given up on this Stainless Rocker panel trims for the Ghibli. Do you know of anyone else actually getting them done, and Cost? I have found local Custom metal fabricator that can make, Tooling would have to be made, i hope to have Estimate and cost per set within a week or so, and will let you know.

20. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Hi Omar. I am sure Dan Molnar (Falta125) posted that he has had some made a couple of months ago. I don't recall any mention of the price however.
    Maybe worth a PM.

Cheers.

Mark.

21. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    Yup, I have the sill trims but I need to get the tips welded and have them polished. I also have the aluminum trim that holds the rubber door seals on. The price on the 2 sill moldings will be $400.00 unfinished. I can finish them but I have a large number of cars under restoration so making the time is the problem. The aluminum moldings that hold the rubber door seals on will be $300.00 for five, they come in lengths of 6' and it will take 5 to do a coupe. If you're interested send me an email [email protected] or call me at 760-363-7448 PST. I will try to post photo's as soon asI can make time...