Global Motorcars of Houston???????? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Global Motorcars of Houston????????

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff

How was bringing in the Police a mistake? They clearly did not send him his wire and then told him there would be no way in hell he would find his car. Then wouldn't take any calls. Even though we don't know the whole story, he wouldn't have his car back or money without involving the police. I think this turned out as good as he could have hoped for at this point.

2. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

Even though I agree with you about bringing in the police, please read my 2 posts above and Napolis' post above.

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Guys, just WAIT until everything unfolds. Be patient...

Joe

4. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    We are talking 2 days here.. I am not siding with anyone but maybe just maybe, Roy would of received a check today from this guy. He might of just been buying a day or 2 as his buyer was flaking or taking longer than expected to get the dough.

The guy bought the car from Roy, because he had a buyer. Which he did.

Now I understand that Roy called and they said He will never see the money. Maybe the guy who answered the phone was coked out and didnt know what he was saying.

I would just like to point out this guy might be going to jail for a while over two days and no phone calls. Bad business - yes. Jail time - maybe not.

And yes I have been scammed out of 20k out of houston and they called our voice mail and laughed at the joke of taking me for the money. So I know how Roy feels. But this might be different.

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I now read all the updates on Lpower. I still think the police were the only way to resolve the problem since they refused to call Roy abd discuss whatever title issues there were. Obviously they were not going to send the money and they had his car and apparentley they put some miles on it as well.

6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    UPDATE.....

Yes there are two sides to every storie.....I WOULD LOVE to hear theirs and have it posted here.

Here are the facts as of this AM.

Kevin has possession of the car. He is on his way with it to LOH to have it checked out. I OFFERED Global to keep the car this AM, with conformation of wire transfer and we would hand over HARD TITLE COPY that Kevin HAS in his possesion. The refused, stating they did not want the car any longer.

FACT

At the time of the STOP last night, HPD identified The driver, (not a black male and no guns drawn, no one arrested), and his brother in the car. ALSO ON SITE at the home, where the car was stopped in the driveway.......

JOHN, the owner of GLOBAL MOTORCARS. It has been confirmed BY HPD in a STAEMENT that all three ARE friends........

It was further realyed by the officer

"This appears to be a BS sale of the vehicle, I think they were just joy riding your car....to bad"

I have nothing more to add here, I thin it all speaks for itself......

WHAT KILLS ME IS THIS COULD HAVE ALL BEEN AVOIDED WITH ONE LOUSY PHONE CALL FROM ONE BUSINESS OWNER TO ANOTHER...PERIOD!!

7. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    If they were friends.

Forget everything I posted earlier.

Congrats on getting your car back.

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

UPDATE I stand 100% corrected here......BIG THANKS goes out to CHRIS KEELY for explaing this situation to me.....

SO here we go

The FRONT and BACK of the TITLE WAS sent to Global by my assit. AS I had instructed him to do.

HOWEVER, without my knowledge, (BUT I TAKE FULL RESPONSABILTY)
    my assit DID NOT fax them the bottom portion tab of the title SHOWING CHASE BANK signed off and re-assigned to us.

WHY?

Becasue my assit, trying to to good for me while I was out of town, decided not to sent that section as it REVEALED the selling price from Chase/Cage to me. He THOUGHT I did not want them to know.

I REALLY did not care of they knew or not.

SO IN A NUT SHELL, I am the first here to say I WAS WRONG and they, GLOBAL, did NOT have ALL the correct informatiom.

I think it still does not release GLOBAL from their actions, failing to call me, failing to advise me of this...etc etc tec.....THIS could have all been resolved with a phone call from one owner to another, I treid the calls, but never got them returned.

I CAN NOT READ MINDS!!

The only GOOD thing of this is that I did send KEVIN on a midnight plane to Hoston. He is there now. They are on there way over to the Dealership WITH HARD COPY title in hand.

I WILL STILL HONOR the sale of the vehicle to Global at OUR agreed price, less a compensation for their time due to MY ERROR, (my company) in NOT insuring the ENTIRE information was relayed to them.

NOW, I know a lot of you are saying I am laying my ass out her for LAW SUIT etc etc.....

WELL so be it. I have always YELLED and SCREAMED that I am up front....

If I AM WRONG I am WRONG, I am a man and will take what happens to happen.

I cna say their was NEVER any intent on MY SIDE to defraud anyone. I wish a phone call had been returned to me explaing me this by GLOBAL, it would have been fixed in 10 seconds with a re-fax of the ENTIRE TITLE.

I openly say I am sorry to Global for the mistake on our part. I wish you would have called me.......

I DO not say sorry for the actions I took after NOT recieving any return calls to clear this item up MAN to MAN. I was not aware of HIS side so I re-acted as any one would when their 300K car is gone and they have no money and NO return phone calls!!

I am sorry for any inconvience this has caused anyone.

I have learned a LOT out of this and will take what ever re-precautions happen, well they happen.

Thank you all for your support and understanding in this situation.

I have stated many times, if I am worng PLEASE let me know. I stand by that, I am always here to learn, correct my mistakes and live up to my actions.

Thank You

Roy L. Cats
    President
    Cats Exotics, Inc

The first quote is from FCHAT.

The second is from Alan's site.

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    So, are you saying that the title (or copy, if faxed) showed that Chase still owned the car? If so, and I know that sometimes, you need additional documentation to show that the bank's interest has been extinguished and/or assigned, did Global have any basis to withhold payment based on the condition of the 'title' as sent to them? And, if their position was, that they were not going to release funds until you were able to deliver clear title, did they advise you of this? I had the impression that you had a done deal, and as an accomodation, you allowed them to take possession of the car before the wired funds were received. And, thereafter, despite some contradictory promises about the status of the wire, nothing was said about any alleged defect in title- nor did Global claim that they were withholding payment on this basis. (Although I would assume a fax copy of the title is really not worth much, other than to show who last executed it). And, that, ultimately, they told you they didn't want the car, told the local police that the car would be available at their showroom the next morning- on the assumption you were going to make arrangements to retrieve it- and that the car then disappeared. No calls, no info, no further communication from the dealer. What's missing?

10. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

Did not fax the full title. But, a quick phone call would have solved the problem in moments.

11. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Right, but I guess my question is what relevance, if any, that has to Global's actions- since they took contradictory positions about whether or not they were going to pay for the car, and from what I gather, at no time, was the issue of good title a basis for their withholding of funds.

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

We know this is true how? No clear title, no funds necessary, No?

13. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Only basis for the 'facts' is Roy's posts, stating that they were to wire money, it didn't hit his account, they had various explanations for the delay, but then, after being confronted by the police, said they didn't want the car and that Roy could come pick it up. Then, there is a claim that they sold the car to a customer, again, second hand through Roy.
    Granted, that is one side of the story, and I'd be very interested to hear what Global has to say- but, at least so far in Roy's account, no issue of title problems was raised as the reason for withholding funds. What am I missing?

14. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I have admitted that they DID NOT get the FULL title copy. I was wrong there, BUT IT was never discussed when the car was released on good faith, NOR did I get a call, EVEN AFTER my many calls to them.....

It would have been this simple......

Ring Ring....

Hi this is Roy

Hi Roy John (or however) here at Global. Could you PLEASE re-fax the ENTIRE copy of the title showing release of intrest by Chase to you, then we can fund right away. Also thanks for trusting us and sending the car prior to wire funds.

Not a problem, I will re-fax right now and make sure it is all there.

Great Roy, Thanks.

No thank you hope to do more car deals in the future, have a good day.

Click, phone hung up, WE WOULD NEVER BE WHERE WE ARE TODAY!!!!!!!

15. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    It sounds like Global was thinking they were be scammed by Roy just like he was by them....

16. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    FACT...the car at the time of stop, contained a man, (not black or ball player) and his brother, ID BY HPD, ALSO at the sceen a driveway at a house in Houston, PRESENT WAS John from Global.

IT WAS verified that all THREE are "friends". It was QUITE clear to the Officers on sceen, yesterday and today.......

THAT THIS WAS A BULL**** SCAM TO JOY RUIDE MY CAR.........

Why I have no idea and at this point really dont care anymorre.

I DO KNOW for a FACT HPD stated this AM, to me AND Kevin, based on statements they have obtained in their investigation through this morning from numerous people

THAT THEY INTEND TO PURSUE THEFT CAHRGES AT THIS TIME........

I think that alone says a lot.......ALL PUBLIC RECORD from the HPD

17. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    "Granted, that is one side of the story, and I'd be very interested to hear what Global has to say-"

So would I.

Best

18. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Roy- I think you have a huge amount of support from this board and others, me included, even though I have not (yet) bought a car from you. Jim's pointed questions concerning the title, and Global's actions, do not, at least to me, suggest that you were misguided in trying to track down the car, and get an answer to a situation that, as you described it, got more questionable by the moment. Jim apparently disagrees about bringing law enforcement into it, but I certainly saw a basis for it, given the events as they were described here. Nonetheless, I think Jim raises a good point, and that is, if Global had some legitimate basis for its actions- which may or may not come to light, it would be prudent, at least for now, to see what happens without making judgements about whether a crime has, in fact, been committed. In fact, as a 'victim' you are probably better served at this point not fanning the flames- I think that your public disclosure about the title problem speaks volumes for your candor. I guess, at this point, I would let justice take its course, rather than having it play out on the Internet. This would probably be fairer to you, as well as to Global.

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

Could not agree with you more........I am done, I have my car.

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Tru Dat.

21. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Yes, but your forgetting...

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  23. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Well...is he still reading this thread? ;).

24. pdisme

pdisme Formula 3

Oct 9, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Didn't they pay a few grand for the transport from you? Seems odd they'd spend that money just to joy ride, you can fly to New York and rent a Murci for a day for less than $3k total if they just wanted to drive it around. Not to say they aren't shady for the way everything went down anyway though...

25. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I've just been watching..thinking what would I do if I
    were in Roy's position with a 300+k car at risk?

I probably would been on the 1st plane out there to get
    my car back given the fact there was no communication from Global.
    Few things I would have done differently but essentially agree
    with Roy's retrival actions.