Going to New Orleans?? | FerrariChat

Going to New Orleans??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by thomasmurphy, Oct 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomasmurphy

thomasmurphy Rookie

Dec 14, 2003
    If you are going to the French Quarter Classic from the Houston area and need transport let me know. There is space for two more cars on the Horseless transport leaving Thursday Nov 11 and returning to Houston Sunday the 14th.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    If you are doing this through Joe @ FOH, my Stradale, which I haven't even seen yet, will be on board!

Dale

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Hmmm, this is news, no? Congrats

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dale, that's AWESOME, congratulations...!!! You kept this a secret, huh...? Can you at least tell us about it or post dealer or previous owner pictures...? This is so awesome, congratulations...

5. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Well, I haven't even seen the damn thing. It's sitting at the dealership. The check is in the mail. (No, really Joe. It is in the mail.) I got insurance. But this early retirement stuff ain't working out like it is supposed to. October 15th is this Friday. Maybe Saturday, eh?

Dale

6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    BTW Carbon, you need to lean on old Matt a little harder. Good loving is hard to find, but the FFQC only comes once a year!

Dale

7. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I talked to Matt today. This woman has his priorities all messed up! LOL! Carb, didja get the PM?

Dave

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dale, i got a hold of him; for a multitude of reasons, it doesn't seem like the FFQC is in his cards; if he wanted to go, i would've done what i could, but it doesn't seem like the opportunity is open, on his end... 'S ok - he doesn't know it yet, but some time later this year or next, i'm gonna go over to Guntersville after he's moved, and drag his ass down to Palm Beach... :)

Dave, got the PM, flipped one back - thanks, buddy...! :)

9. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    HAHHAAHAHAHAHA You guys crack me up!!! Instead of heading to New Orleans I'll probably be dragged to the John Deere Tractor Pull. I really want to make it this year but the main thing is going to be feeling out this new job. Thanks Dave for the room offer but Carbon's snoring is something to experience. Something between a Stradale and an Enzo at full throttle.:) I will let you guys know sometime next week what the word is.

Dale,
    I am so pumped for you with the Stradale!!!!!

10. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dale, if you are going to truck it from place to place why not just keep the old one?

11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    We are coming with a truck full from Miami. I believe there was one more space on the truck for whoever is interested, contact me.
    Heck I have a car going on that truck and never asked the price :). I guess when you have the luck to be invited to the FQC you are too excited to care about the "minor" stuff. For all intend and purposes, I bought a 360Challenge to bring there. How sick is that?

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Can you jam zupra's race kart in somewhere?????

Speedy doesn't want to strap it to his 308GTB roof, for some reason.......

If not he'll have to ship it......... somehow.......It just needs a "one way", as zupra will have to get it home, from the FFQC.

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I'm going, but I will be driving my Boxer down from Atlanta along with Terry in his Daytona. Come on guys, are you Ferrari guys or truck guys who like to carry your Ferrari in the back on a truck?

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well the good Doctor has a BRAND NEW Stradale, and doesn't want any lowland bug juice on it until he gets it to The Quarter!

Hopefully every body's hoods will stay on this year, check those latches!!!!!

15. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    What "brand" would that new stradale be? LOL

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Listen, you old crabby fart. I'm still planning on meeting you going or coming. But between here and NO is not the best place to drive any kind of car, much less a Ferrari.

Dale

17. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    **GASP** Dale! Are you insinuating that the stretch of I-10 between Nawlins and H-Town is anything less than a piece of concrete/asphalt heaven!?!?!?! LOL! :)

Dave

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL!

Uncle Charlie questioned the sanity of even taking one to The Quarter, but I told him the hotel would guard 'em........

19. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The roads through Alabama and Mississippi from Atlanta to New Orleans are not the best in the world either. They are just cars guys. Drive them or sell them to someone who will.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Actually, the historic "High Road" is a MUCH nicer drive, IMO.

Rambling thru the East Texas pines and then on thru the older towns, it's pretty cool and actually shorter than I-10. Old US 190...

Opelousas, Baton Rouge, then on down.......

21. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I'm open for going, not sure of the rest of the festivities for the full ticket price. I'll help out with a hotel & gas if anyone in the Austin / Houston / DFW area has an available passenger seat. Send me a PM if so.

22. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    You guys do know that the events at the FFQC are by invitation only all but as a non-participating spectator at the concours and track . See www.ferrarifrenchquarterclassic.com for details.

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yep, that's the deal....$800.00 a throw or you don't go........

24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    And that doesn't include the hotel cost at the Windsor Court. My wife and I are excited about getting away for a long weekend. We're even looking forward to Saturday nights black tie affair...although I don't know what my tux will look like after being crammed in a Boxer for a 7 1/2 hour drive!

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It'll look.......wrinkled!!!!!!! LOL!

No you've got the luggage it should be fine. Yea, the Windsor for four nights adds another $1200 or so...

I've never seen an armoured car at a funeral!

Looking forward to meeting lots of folks from here. A lot of the Houston Gang will be there with Mr. Risi et al..... and Dr. Who's new car!!!