Going to take the plunge and study! | FerrariChat

Going to take the plunge and study!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Michael, Apr 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael

Michael Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2001
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am planning on studying for my Series 7 exam. Any suggestions, what is the best study material, aside from getting a degree in finance. Thanks.

2. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    you definitely don't need a degree in finance (i was bio/chem in college and got a 91). get the review materials AND TAKE AS MANY PRACTICE TESTS AS YOU CAN! everyone at my company gave me this advice and it's true. take the tests and study the answer explanations, even on the questions you get right. if you can consistently get mid to upper 70's (is it still scored like that?), getting a 70 shouldn't be a problem.

don't waste your time reading all the materials, taking notes, making outlines, etc. i don't know anyone who has flunked that has done it the way i explained. good luck.

try and get passtrak, but your sponsoring firm probably has the materials of their choice for you.

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Anything over 70 is a waste.

4. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    can you retake the test as much as you want?

5. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    iirc, you have to wait 30 days b/w tries, and starting w/ your fourth try you have to wait 6 months.

6. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    I believe there is the fee too. Ty, what's "iirc" stand for?

-DC

7. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    The secret to these tests is as previously mentioned, through repetition learn to memorize/recognize the answers. Study tests, courses and old exams are the best way to do this. Everything else won't really help. The best learning is experience anyway, which in most cases is vastly different from text books.

8. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    sorry, "if i recall correctly"

definitely, not cheap to take. most firms i know will give you 2, maybe 3 tries then will terminate you (unless it's not part of your job description but then most won't pay for you to take it, plus it's against regs - "parking licenses" is a no-no in NASD's eyes)

9. Michael

Michael Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2001
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks, I am going to receive the most current passtrak (Dearborn) series 7 that I ordered from Walmart.com. Most reviewers from Amazon gave it good ratings and the latest edition comes with simulator tests. I am not with a firm right now. I became interested after taking some continuing education courses here at my local university. I feel like expanding my horizons. I'll try getting my real estate license next.