Good Night Moon | FerrariChat

Good Night Moon

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by good2go, Oct 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
  2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    May she rest well. In the meantime I hope to put on a couple thousand miles by April.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Aww. Sad. I get grumpy if I don't drive the Cali for more than a week. Five months is soooo long. Sleep tight, pretty F-car!
    T

635CSI likes this.
  4. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    What is Sea Foam ? I know I could google but asking a Cali owner is more fun.

5. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Really can’t drive at all? So sad indeed

6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Gas stabilizer.

7. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I do get about 8k miles a summer on my car. It's been on several road trips this summer. Spent a day at the track racing all out and many sunny days with the top down. Yes I will miss my car through the winter but I also have the joy of bringing it back out in the spring.

8. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Sounds like you maximize the time then! See it in Spring!

9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I guess you live in a "snow state"?

10. SKIndy

SKIndy Rookie

Apr 8, 2017
    Is the gas stabilizer critical. I’m starting storage for the first time and looking for tips. Continental in Chicago did not suggest this, just the tire over inflation. Also I wanted advice on the rare winter driver and what it does to the car. The dealer advised against trips that are short- don’t get the engine juices flowing fully. Shout I take it out for he rare Indian summer days or just put it away till April. I’m in Indiana so cold some but not a ton of snow usually. Also. How bad would it be to drive the tires over inflated? I’m probably too lazy or forgetful to drop and reinflate so I’m thinking probably best to say goodnight as above till April. Also if you store under a cover with some dust/minor dirt on it is that any concern? Should I get a pre storage wash wax ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I drop my insurance down to storage and say over 60%. So I can't take it out for short drive.

I don't start my car over winter.

I thin gas stabilizer is important if it's sitting for the winter.

I store my car in a heated space 55 degrees.

4th_gear likes this.
  12. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Obviously check with your insurance first - that said - I believe storage policies allow you to drive your car if purpose is maintenance, oil change, and repairs including Mechanical, upholstery, or whatever you need ;)

13. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +1

I use STA-BIL on my car after washing it - I pour in half a bottle at the gas station, then add a few extra litres of gas to stir it around and then drive the car a few km to circulate the mixed gas before I put the car away. I only park my car after the catalytic converter has completely warmed up for a bit.

I remove road coverage but if I call my insurance broker, she can and will reinstate it even for just 1 day if I need to take the car out for some reason mid-Winter. Driving season is only 6 months long up here so it makes a big overall difference on the otherwise silly insurance costs.