Got Low Body? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Got Low Body?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Feb 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I agree.

Looks awesome.

2. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    VIN 1121252? or CT nr. 252?

3. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    this is a car i would really look into, Jason
    4 liter, low body: has the best look and sound, and all the "cool" stuff ... and a lot of potential as an investment

money well spent (imo)

4. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Tru dat

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I have an inbox full of PM's about the S2. I have been talking with 3 interested buyers.
    I am not a broker, just a friend to all. I am soooo happy that guys feel the can come to me for advice. LOVE to help.
    Prices in the 140's, a 150K price, now 160K. I hope that it's not because some of us are recommending heavily on this car you are creeping up the price...even when it needs a clutch and quite a bit else. It was in the 140k's originally, correct? Discovered it needs a clutch and other stuff and the price goes to 160k?
    Roy, PLEASE post a SINGLE price for the car here and now as it sits so I can continue with my disscussion with potential buyers. Let's get this car sold and you and buyer happy.

What is your offical asking price?

6. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    For crying out loud guys. If you want to know the price, PICK UP THE FRIGGIN' PHONE.

Roy has taken a bunch of crap from you guys lately, and every time he has bent over backwards to please you. Now it's time to reach in your pants and please yourself... haul out the wallet and actually do something.

I hope topcarbon jumps on this, because he seems the one that will most likely post pictures of it after he buys it.

7. 2aftercannonball

2aftercannonball Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    Brian(nsxer) should add this to his collection, he needs a black S2 and he'd have another wing to put on a shelf.

8. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Listen I agree Roy been getting it hard lately. But if he is freely going to post threads (or advertise if you will) about his cars then the same price for all and a consistent one.

Every PM I get I am encouraging buying Roy's car. Even 2 or 3 others in the past, Urraco, the Jaramas, and another Countach.

9. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I actually think Peter has a good idea here..I dont mind being clear with board members...

So, here lets start a what's it going to sell for thread here...LOL

BUT from a clear playing field..I never recall saying the car was for sale at $140K..here are the facts, and I am an open book..

As it right now, I am in the car $143,390.00, this is car purchase, transport fee's work that was done at Steve's www.drivenexotics.com and the new headliner I did hjere in Seattle etc etc..as the car sits..

I have a BRAND NEW set of tires that CAN be sold with the car ADD $3000.00, (I will eat the 140 bucks shipping)..they ARE NOT mounted on the car currently, has the old tires..original..which I am happy to let go with the car..I have no need for them.

So with the tires we are at $146,190.00

I will sell the car as IS..for $151,190.00..more then fair for me to make $5000 bucks..includes oirginal tools that comes with the car..

The $160,000.00 price is IF you want me to have the clutch replaced..WHICH will need replacing, IMO now better then latter, it slips at high RPMS already..

I also have a written estimate from Steve at www.drivenexotics.com with PPI..to make the car a PERFECT operating car for $45K..IMO, there are some items that are not needed..but to each his own..but at $45k extra you have a NO QUESTIONS perfect car..on the same level as the perfect mechanicals of the Blue DD..If I did this, then the car would be $205K..as time to tie up money and of course a profit.

IMO, it would be better for someone to buy the car as is at $151,190K..or less if you dont want the tires..BUT then I am telling you straight up here in writing it is NOT SAFE to drive with 30 plus year old tires on the roadway..

Then take it where you want, choose what you want to do to it..etc etc..

SO first taker at $151,190 AS is and it's yours...

PPI welcome, inspections welcome..call and talk to Steve at Driven...I gave him permission to give any and all info on documents on the car..OPEN BOOK.

I will add, cant recall if I did prior..a compression test was EXCELLENT on the car..so that is great..

An great car at a great value to the next owner..hopefully in the States.. WILL only be increasing in value..sure as heck AINT going down in value..

Roy cats

10. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I think you're bonkers for stating your purchase prices but hey...:)

So, for you guys, there it is. A very reasonably priced Series Two Low Body that needs some stuff. Roy is being very up front and fair.

My view as a Low Body owner, buy this car at this price!
    I agree with Roy, sell as is/buy as is. Which one of you nuts want to shell out over 200k out of your bank accounts? $151k + $$ over time is easier.

If you think this variant will be 150k or even 200k in 5 years....they won't.

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think this is a good price for an S2 as presented.

12. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Agree, the price seems very good tor this particular car. Getting this car to the point that the Tahiti DD is, for half a century less, seems like a steal.

13. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    LOL. well you can quit "thinking" I am bonkers..I will be the first to confirm I AM BONKERS LOL

I really enjoy these cars and the fun I have with them...I am not here to get rich..really dont need to go further then I am..but I am to young to retire..

my WWW.FPISEATTLE.COM runs on it's own with GREAT people I have working for me there.

SO, I can play with cars, enjoy my children working by my side and seeing them every day, make a good living for them, pass something on..and meet a lot of fun people and get to do and see things many would never..I am truly lucky and blessed..I AM SURE I will never get invited to an 'Authorized Lamborghini's Dealer" meeting...other then to hang me out to dry as they all think I price my cars to cheap...

NUTS half the time..SURE I am..but just dont have the time to be anyting other then fun and enjoy my twighlight years..not looking back and only glad I can wake up each morning and still go to the bathroom standing up and not in a bag LOL

14. gtf40

gtf40 Rookie

Jul 11, 2007
    Very good guess Emilio, yes i fabricated side plates for the wing a couple of years after i took delivery of the car as i liked the looks of them. Yes i am the original owner. When i orderd the car from the factory, i asked for the bravo wheels (telephone dial wheels we used to call them), the factory said they did not have any but would ship me a set when they were available and they did. My car was a test bed for a lot of mods and improvements that i developed over the years.... george

15. leexj

leexj Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
    Placerville, CA.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I have a question. Do the cams ride directly on the aluminum head or are there main/connecting rod type bearings? I ask because Honda used to put their cams directly on the head and it didn't appear to have any hardening (if that is even possible) but I worked on numerous Hondas (bikes) whose owners neglected to change the oil and you could tell because the cam chain was loose on bikes with the chain on the sides, why they put them in the middle on say a CB350 is beyond me except the large bore enduros only had one cylinder so your only choice was left or right. . When you tore them apart the cam bearings were shot and the only solution was to replace the head. Such fun.

I can't imagine Lamborghini doing such a thing.

16. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    They did it :) If an alluminum head wipes a cam bearing you could line bore it just like a block in which a main bearing has spun

17. Redlambo

Redlambo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2004
    Pendergrass GA
    Full Name:
    Vic Woloschinow
    Yes the cam journal is the aluminum head itself very surprising but true.
    Tim Keseluk, screen name, 2NA has used Volkswagen bearings to repair badly worn journals.

18. leexj

leexj Rookie

Aug 1, 2012
    Placerville, CA.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Beautiful car on the outside, engine needs some love but what the hell, did they use human hides for the interior?

19. unojung

unojung Karting

May 18, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Uno Junghans
    Bob Wallace does the same thing, that what he showed me a few years ago.

20. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    At today's values; the S2 returns the most value for the price.

21. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Y'all realize that this thread was from 2012, right? Price, etc. discussed are no longer relevant given the most recent rise.

22. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I love fender flares with no side skirts or rear spoiler.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  24. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Alberto,

It came up on the Du Pont Registry again today as a new Ad.

Having said that, this car has been continuously for sale by a dealer in excess of a year.