Great News for 308, 328, 348 and F355 Owners - Scuderia Shields are finally HERE!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Great News for 308, 328, 348 and F355 Owners - Scuderia Shields are finally HERE!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nero308, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I got my metal ones off e-bay and put them on last week. They look perfect. Exact replicas for $99.

2. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi

What do you mean by "exact" replica? Do you find your pair of shields in the shield-comparison photo above? The $99.00 sounds like the Baracat (brass) made from France. Correct?

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Nero308,

In the photo of six badges, who makes the bottom right with a deeper yellow color?

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    excuse my ignorance on the topic....

I personally love the shields, and the idea that they are "removable" is even cooler.
    What are they made out of (the various replicas) and how do you affix them??

I'd buy a pair in a heatbeat!

5. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Hi.

We have the real McCoy of course, #61474400 at $652 each at today's money !

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Here's a shot of a set I bought off of eBay for $100. Made by Jean Baracat.

I think the quality is very good.

I am -NOT- using them on my Ferrari though, I am using them for paperweights on my desk.

PS: The yellow background is actually a much darker yellow than the photo appears.

7. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    Thank you very much for the inputs. I will most-likely to change the thickness of the shields to 2mm or 1.5mm so that they will not stick out in case people do not want to make the recess modifications to your precious fenders. I may even offer the magnetic version as it will be much lighter weight than the OEM, thus you can still get the genuine look with the option of removing them if you prefer. Anyone interested in getting the pair, please send me an email. I should have them ready in a several weeks.

8. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    SO how much? $100 for the pair. I'll take a pair.

9. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    It will be more like in a range of $300.00 - $400.00 a pair.

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    What is the thickness of the genuine Ferrari ones?

11. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    The thickness of the genuine Ferrari shield is 3mm. I am thinking about making mine (replica) 1.5mm. Thus, it will be lighter-weight and could be made into a removable one with magnet sheet on the back.

12. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I just mean, cosmetically they look exact. I stood next to a 360 with sheild today and mine on my 355 were identical to his.

13. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    Can they be bought direct or only through E-bay? I would love to get a set...

14. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    What will you be doing w/ these authentic shields? Just asking.

15. JonnyT

JonnyT Karting

Jan 21, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    If you are asking me...putting them on the 308 or the TR. My dad is also looking for a pair for his Daytona.

16. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I would gladly pay $99 for a set, even if they were "very close" to originals. The 3mm worries me though (assuming that the knock offs are 3 mm like the real ones). I'm afraid that it may look goofy protruding too far out.

17. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    Well, that's why I am thinking of making my version 1.5mm to look nicer even if they are put onthe fenders without the recess.

18. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I am w/ Jerry on the pricing.

Nero308-- Before everyone loses interest talking about it, I think you should proceed making them, try them out here w/ us at the introductory price, let us decide if they are as nice as they look. I am sure you won't find a better and more creditable audience to offer product sponsorship than us here.

19. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    I have been working on this project of mine since November last year. I will proceed with the project and onto a production in a next two weeks. The mfg. lead-time is 15 - 30 days depending on the quantity I first manufacture. The, it takes 20 - 30 days for an ocean freght. So, I am looking at mid. - end of July to have the production units in my hands. I will certainly offer to FerrariChat members at an introductory price, but it will not be at $100.00 a pair as the cost of making this delicate and fine piece of cloisonne shield is not cheap as you all may think. An introductory and limited time offer price for the pair will be somewhere around @250.00 a pair.

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I would be willing to pay $250/pr if they look authentic and are in fact 1.5 mm thick.

21. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ok... That's all good here.
    I assume they will fit my 360 correct?

22. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    Yes, they fit perfectly to 360 Modena as their shield arc is exactly the same as the arc of the OEM shield. The shield with different arc will also be available to fit 3X8, and F355, which I understand is also common to Testarossa, TR512. I am supposed to receive a few more samples of the shields with 1.5mm thickness. As soon as I get them, I will again post the pictures here.

23. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    #48 Nero308, Jun 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay, it has been a couple weeks since I made my last posting. I now have the first and last samples of my super-authentic looking shields with a half the thickness of the OEM shields. They look amazing!! And, they are so LIGHT and LOOK much better of your fenders without making the recessed areas. They do not stick out at all!! They will be in production in a week or two. Anyone intersted in getting a pair???
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    SO if you can buy a knock off Rolex in Hong Kong for $20 then you should be able to get a pair of Knock off shields for $30. Just need to get the right mfg. in China to do it and with their "copy exact" capability it should be a no brainer. Seems like you folks have a lot of cash laying around to pay $250 for knock off's. my 2c

25. Nero308

Nero308 Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Yoshi
    #50 Nero308, Jun 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally, I have completed the last samples of the cloned scuderia shields with the 1/2 thickness and weight. I plan on making them available to FerrariChat members at a discounted $250.00 for a limited period once I receive the production units in early August. They look sooooo genuine and great on your fenders if you do not wish to make the recessed areas. Because its thickness is only 1.5mm, even if you put them on with the heavy-duty adhesive tape, they would not look ugly sticking out by 3mm. This is exactly what everyone's been waiting for......