News

Grigio Alloy Blue 260 Modena?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Looney, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Hi Guys,

Just a curious question regarding colour and specifications on the 360 modena.

I live in Perth Australia, and the Ferrari Scene here is relatively small, in fact so small that i have only seen about 10 360 modena's in the flesh here.

However of those 10 or so that i have seen 3 of them are identical (and no their not the same one).

they have all been Grigio Alloy Blue with the racing seats for the interior, F1 transmission and no Challenge Grills.

I personally dislike this color terribly (but thats just my opinion), is this a popular color??? was this perhaps a special package Ferrari did?? as its just so unbeleivable coincidental that i have seen 3 identical 360's around considering how rare they are here (and I wouldnt be posting this if they were all Rosso, with beige).

Cheers

2. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Not that popular here. I think because after you get past the initial amazement at the way the color shimmers, it looks too much like baby blue.

But it's still a lot better than the obligatory red/tan which is way too common and doesn't even look that good on a 360.

btw, I've probably seen a hundred distinct 360s around here and only about three of them have been Grigio Alloy.

3. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    ???? Is this the color that is the most popular color in Australia?

4. Looney

Looney F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Gold Coast
    Full Name:
    BB
    Sorry Guys,

first appology for the stupid type o in the heading,

but yes that's the colour, and whether its the most popular in Australia is what im trying to find out??

i cant beleive that ive seen 3 identical (not just the same) given how uncommon 360's are here.

anyone perhaps have some stats of # of cars delevered by color or anything like that?

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    It is a fairly popular 360 color. When I was looking for a Titanium one, I was constantly being offered Alloy (since it is also "a silver with a bluish tint"). There seemed to be more Alloy 360's around than even Silver. There's definitely many more Alloy than there are Titanium... probably 4x more.

The Silver (Argento) is a very light silver... almost whitish in some light. The Grigio Alloy is a bit more of a medium silver... and the bluish tint is fairly subtle... so, I think some of the traditional silver lovers really liked the Alloy color... a bit unique.

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I'd have to say in Northern CA I see far more Titanium than GA 360s. I see a lot of Titanium (probably over a dozen), and have only seen one GA.

Gary