GTC sun visors | FerrariChat

GTC sun visors

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    The sun visors on the GTC are different material than the headliner material (i believe from my visual observation).

Anyone know what that material is and where to buy it......?

Also - what other cars besides the GTC use that same material which is heat sealed on the edges?

Are these other cars, like 275 or 365 different shape and style ?

Im working with a local manufacture to potentially make these and want to get some of the correct material to evaluate the process.

Appreciate the info and help -

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Pictures, including close-ups of material grain/texture, of yours might be helpful to those not closely familiar with GTC visors. For example, I’m quite familiar with 365 GTB/4 sun visors and currently even working on a pair, but don’t know how they look or are made in GTCs.
    Might also be a good idea to specify which GTC (330/365/?...) is being referred.

3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Looks like the overall shape & size is same or very similar to that of 365GTB/4 visors, but the (heat seamed) vinyl has a different type of texture and color(s).
    Design, shape /size and attachment method of the vanity mirror is also different.
    Inside material is likely same, semi-firm foam.

5. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Not sure about the mirror - if it is orig or not.