GTC4Lusso ADAS: Preventative Braking OFF on Startup? | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso ADAS: Preventative Braking OFF on Startup?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by SECRET, Nov 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Has anyone with a Lusso with the ADAS system seen their car sometimes warn them that Preventative Braking is OFF? I can't figure out the pattern when it happens. If I got into the ADAS menu on the left screen, I can turn it right back on.

Thanks!

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I don’t have a Lusso with ADAS but I’ll hazard a guess as to what is happening based on my BMW. I occasionally get a warning in the car that one of the ADAS features (adaptive cruise or blind spot detection) is disabled. With cruise, it’s due to dirt buildup on the sensor. This tends to happen when driving in snow/sleet conditions. The blind spot radars are disabled when I’m towing. In both cases, I have to re-enable them manually - they don’t come back on automatically.

So it sounds like some part of your ADAS is shutting down due it a temporary sensor block - and the only way to re-enable once the block is gone is to dive into the menu and do it manually.

3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My Lusso doesn’t have it either but that is the likely cause. My truck does it when there’s condensation on the front lens. It does fix itself once the sensor clears up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Thanks fellas. I wonder if it's because the ADAS sensor is mounted so low in the grille, and I have it parked up right against a bunch of my toddlers toys/stroller/bike etc in the garage!