Guy wrecked my vette on test drive :( | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Guy wrecked my vette on test drive :(

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by dragonshoe, Nov 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dragonshoe

dragonshoe Karting

Mar 28, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #51 dragonshoe, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well the judge asked us to explain ourselves, and asked me if I had gone out of pocket for $500, which the answer is no, so I agreed to take $300, and the issue is dismissed with prejudice.

I didn't know if I could push and get the full $500 plus $45 in filing fees, and I recall an old saying "pigs eat and hogs get slaughtered" from my days on the floor of the CME, so I settled for a little less rather than risk the judge saying I hadn't really been harmed.

Progressive Insurance had actually paid me more than I was ready to sell it for, so even though my premiums have gone up, I am ready to put this behind me and move on.

I've got a white 1994 Vette with only 54,000 miles right now, but still looking for something more exotic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I hope you collected your money then and there so you do not have to chase this guy in a collection effort. Good luck going forward.

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    A win is a win. What was the Sgt.'s reaction to the verdict?

4. dragonshoe

dragonshoe Karting

Mar 28, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The judge asked how he would pay, and he said cash. He counted out twenties, and I took them and left without saying a word.

And yes, it's a win :)

5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    If he had the cash on him, the Sgt. was pretty sure he would lose. Good job on taking him to court.