Had a traffic ticket in Arizona in the last few decades? | FerrariChat

Had a traffic ticket in Arizona in the last few decades?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Gunther355, Jul 20, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gunther355

Gunther355 Rookie

Jul 20, 2012
    Hi guys,

I know you guys drive some fast cars so you have probably had some speeding tickets.. If so, I hope you don't care about your reputations or are looking for employment.. The morons at the State of Arizona have been negligent in publishing information about traffic infractions going back decades and now many people (perhaps hundreds of thousands or more) are being labeled as criminals by countless background check companies thanks to the morons at the State. The State of Arizona commingles traffic violations and criminal convictions and publishes many of these records without the actual charge but instead uses a vague description of "local charge". If you read court records in the context of the State's website, there are links to the docket etc. where if you do some work, you can typically tell that a charge is a simple traffic offense. The problem is that these background check companies take just the charge with the vague descriptions that the State has labeled them with and labels all of them as "criminal" with the offense as being "local charge", which could be anything from a dismissed parking violation to any other offense such a assault, theft or lewd acts etc. That part is up to the imagination of the the viewer but you will not get the impression that these charges are traffic tickets or even dismissed traffic tickets... For instance in my case, I have had 8 traffic violations in the past 20 years in Arizona. If you check my report on beenverified.com or numerous other sites including the smartphone app CriminalPages, it shows the 8 charges but only 4 of them are explicitly labeled traffic and 4 are explicitly labeled as "criminal" when they are not! ..and with the vague description of "local charge". Anyone looking at my record as published by these companies would assume that the 4 charges are not traffic because there are charges that are explicitly labeled as traffic and would in fact assume that I have had 4 criminal convictions when I have had none! The 4 charges that are labeled as "criminal" "local charge" are for instances where I took traffic school and had the civil traffic violation dismissed! Talk about defamatory! The dunces at the State could care less and just hide under their desks and continue to publish this vague information. The thing is, the genie is out of the bottle because the data brokers are now selling this information to entities offshore where they can publish these incorrect and incomplete records out of context and out of the jurisdiction of the FTC. If you have had a simple traffic violation in Arizona and have an iPhone or and Android phone, I invite you to download the CriminalPages app and run your "rap sheet" and you will see what I mean and you will probably be as mad as I am. By the way, if you want these websites to remove this incorrect and defamatory information about you, you will need to complete a huge homework assignment and fax it to these companies (which are sprouting up by the minute) in which will have to include a ton more information about yourself which they can then use and abuse and sell to other scum... What a mess.

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I checked mine and although it says 'local charge', it also says 'traffic'.

3. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    it seems to be a new "industry" ( read major league SCAM ) that is cropping up all over not just Arizona...

they publish to the internet any info they can get their hands on from court house records and else where, then solicite to clean up information about you on the internet for ridiclous fees...

the problem is that info on the internet is spread like a cancer and cannot be cleaned up... there is no single source that can be sanitized for a clear record... one can only hope that this practice drowns under its' own mountain of crap causing the info to be unrealiable and useless... best thing for now is to put it on ignore and hope those trolls go away

4. Gunther355

Gunther355 Rookie

Jul 20, 2012
    You're lucky, some of the larger courts provide more detail. Did you check CriminalPages? the app or the website? The apps provide less information. You might want to check what the apps say.

5. Gunther355

Gunther355 Rookie

Jul 20, 2012
    I blame these trolls but I also blame the State of Arizona. What is the purpose of publishing old traffic tickets? ...many of which have been dismissed. They have allowed these people to do this.. Not only does publishing these records not serve a purpose, they don't even publish them correctly. What an outrage.