Haltech E6X first test drive!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Haltech E6X first test drive!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by luckydynes, Sep 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I just went to the Haltech sight and double checked, pages 42&43 of the E6X manual say multi-tooth triggers are fine and how to set it up.

The parts Nick sells all seem to be pretty nice, it should work fine.

2. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    On the Haltech missing tooth triggers are known as Motronic triggers not Multi-tooth. That said however, the E6X supports both 36-1 and 60-2 such as the Tec-3 60-2 (you count the missing teeth so it's not usually referred to as a 58-2), so it should work ok as wasted spark with this trigger.

There shouldn't be any need for a home signal as the E6X will only work as a wasted spark on an 8 cylinder engine, and, due to using shared ignition/injector drivers, can only do multipoint injection (all injectors fire at once) when running wasted spark.

3. Harta320

Harta320 Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill Smith
    Mike, Fivebob

Thanks for filling in the details.

Bill Smith

4. luckydynes

luckydynes F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    CA and OR
    Full Name:
    pit bull
    Thanks for all the info . . . project got a little side tracked yeseterday . . . I was running the wiring for my data acq box to the psgr compartment and discovered a gas leak on top of the fuel tank where the fuel return dumps back in . . . pulled the tank out yesterday and found a guy that would weld and pressure check it for me . . . decided I would take everyone's advice and NOT weld on a gas tank myself!!!!

While I was in there I removed the A/C compressor since I hope to change the oil and do the R134 swap eventually . . . seems like swapping to a newer style compressor is not that great of an upgrade (or necessary?) from searching the archive?

Anyway, should be back on track with the Htech swap tomorrow and should have some "stock" A/F curves in the next couple of days.

What's a good method of locking up the engine to get the harmonic balancer bolt out? I've heard that turning the engine backwards can possibly jump the timing belt . . . anyone else heard that?

Thanks again for all the info . . . the forum sure helps keep a project moving.

Sean

5. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    It might to worth hooking up the haltech O2 as well...I bet you'll get the same graph.

There is no reason that should be true. I have turned my engine backwards on many occations without a problem. Putting a breaker-bar on the crank or cam nuts and hitting it with a bit hammer to loosen them could make it jump though.

It's probably wrong, but I use my impact wrench to remove and install the balance bolt...it makes it a 3 second job.