Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 111 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes, its just a good gesture to the fans, shows appreciation, that's all.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No

3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I already recounted here the time when I met them (Max & father, Stroll & father, etc.) during karting in 2012. I was not intimate to them but I spent a whole race event (thursday-sunday) in the same tent, chatting, watching the heats with Jos, etc. Obviously fame and money might change a person, but back then he didn't care for nothing else other than racing and winning. That being said, he was a very educated kid and very likeable by others (drivers, mechanics, etc.). Max is a GENUINE kid who was groomed to be a winner racer.

I sincerely don't believe one second on what you refer as "Hamilton's sportsmanship". It's all fakeness to get more Instagram followers. Hamilton's hypocrisy is outstanding, to say the least. By the way, why it seems that Hamilton doesn't have friends among the F1 drivers? I'm usually not interested on stuff outside of the track, but as far as I know, Verstappen is friends with Ricciardo, Hulkenberg, David Coulthard, Leclerc, Norris, Piquet Jr., etc.. Hamilton? He is not even close to the British drivers or pundits... His "sportsmanship" doesn't seem to be much appreciated...

Jakuzzi, JL350, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lewis is trying to get more instagram followers? Lol the things you say are funny. You're just coming up with assumptions. There is absolutley no significance in Hamilton not hanging out with other drivers. Champions rarely become friends with other drivers. Schumacher was never considered having many friends among other drivers. Alonso or Vettel are not seen a lot with other drivers. My point was Max not addressing his fans as Lewis does, doesn't seem to care about them as much. No one has disputed that fact yet.

5. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Generalizing, but in my experience they can often come across as distant and a bit flat emotionally, and can be a pretty tough read at times.

Bas likes this.
  6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Brutal. I went through two litres of H2O during the race and I had a nice breeze in my top row spot.

Bas and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Spot on

There are NASCRAP drivers who acknowledge the fans but it all seems so superficial and that the drivers really don't care about the fans.
    There are NASCRAP drivers who don't acknowledge the fans and because of their personality, they get away with it.

Then there is Kimi, Kimi hardly acknowledges anything, and we love that he is the way he is.
    Then there is Lewis, Lewis is appreciative of the fans and of the team in a genuine way; and some hate him for this.

While I can appreciate Max's skills, I will never be a fan.......
    While I can see Alonso's flaws, I will always be a fan--more like I am a fan of Kimi because he is exactly who he is.

lorenzobandini and ktu like this.
  8. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I should put it between quotes. He is after fame, he wants to get more famous in the USA.

Indeed, in the same way you assumed Verstappen doesn't care about the fans just because he is a more reserved person.

https://streamable.com/5yhki2

Bas and gh0st0 like this.
  9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The video shows nothing to change what is seen about how he interacts with his fans. Don't see the meaning of posting it.
    Now you use the excuse he is "reserved" . How many more words are you gonna come with? I already said Max doesn't have to address the fans as Lewis does. Fine. But its not the best sportsmanship.

10. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    spot on,

I can’t remember how times max has done shirtless pictures on social media with inspirational “live,love,laugh, learn” quotes or how he feeds his dog a vegan diet?

There is a clear distinction between the two drivers and doesn’t need to be pointed out, it’s clear as day if you look. I assume the ones questioning this hasn’t looked

stavura, HotShoe, Flavio_C and 2 others like this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    This whole ''Max doesn't acknowledge the fans at every race'' starts to reek of ''If you don't sign off with Lewis is the greatest after every post, you're a hater'' narrative.

stavura, Jakuzzi, furoni and 4 others like this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #2763 ricksb, Oct 27, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Spot on! Like I said, I’m an LH fan (especially now that he is part of the old farts club on the grid:D), but mad respect for Max. These guys are both apex predators, and Max is proving to be the hungry young lion.

Top competitors don’t hate each other…they only hate losing.

HotShoe, Terra and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sounds about right! This championship really is something special.

Flavio_C likes this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 spot on.

Bas likes this.
  15. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    hah, FA is the last of the Mohicans!

Bas likes this.
  16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  17. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
  18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    His fashion statements

Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  19. I admit, I was leading you down the path.....and you took the bait......

Who was it that posted his fashion statement "news", wants it to stop, but proceeded to cause it to continue......?

Oh, that's right, it was you. :p

Ignoring makes it do so.

I didn't care for Lewis' off track garbage, but I don't seek it out and complain about it.
    Guess what? It doesn't bother me now. ;)

20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I didn’t seek it. It found me

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. I see, it just magically opened on your screen. :rolleyes:

I checked out the address and realised I didn't want to open it. It's called ignoring what I don't care for. ;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Good for you. Are you done now.?
    I posted it cause it’s ridiculous.

23. #2775 lorenzobandini, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    I've been "done" all along. 'Just havin' fun. :)

He's not doing anything to anybody....he's just being. One creates one's own displeasure and continues it if that's their fancy..
    If everyone that finds his antics ridiculous (I do too) just ignored him, their "pain" would "stop".

No más. Try to have a nice day. :)

Jakuzzi and absostone like this.