AUS - Hanging at the Hanger | FerrariChat

AUS Hanging at the Hanger

Discussion in 'Texas' started by VAF84, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Any updates on the schedule that weekend? I'm coming in from the Houston area to pick up my car in Austin, so I'm trying to figure out how to time things. Hopefully I can at least make one of the drives, and also get a chance to hang out and meet some of you.

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You need to be on the email list and be a member. Here’s some info from their email
    All drives are Saturday.

Friday - Participants will arrive anytime throughout the day. Most of us usually top off the evening in the Officer's Club where Ferrari owner and Z-Tequila guru, will have "special" beverages prepared. A mandatory Drivers's meeting will be held later in the evening or you can attend the remedial class meeting on Saturday before the drive. All Participants must attend one of the meetings and sign the FCA waiver, to receive your Tour Packet.

Saturday - Breakfast is included with your registration fee and will be available starting at 7:00 a.m. There will be a second opportunity to attend a mandatory participants' meeting at 8:45 a.m. followed by roll out at 9:00 a.m. for a full day of driving. Your registration fee also includes lunch at our midday stop, and Saturday's dinner reception at the Pacific Showroom of the Hangar Hotel.

Sunday - Breakfast will be available for purchase in the Airport diner at the Hangar Hotel beginning at 8:00 a.m.. We'll have a group photo opportunity at 10:00, followed by roll out at 10:30, however, you are welcome to return home on suggested routes at your leisure. We're working to confirm plans for a special guest for our group photo; stay tuned for more on that as details become available.

To recap, the registration fee is per person and includes the tour participation packets, breakfast Saturday morning, lunch on the road, and Saturday evening's dinner reception. Your registration fee also helps to cover some of the many costs of planning and hosting the event, so you can focus on driving & fun! We will subsidize the rest of the costs with funding from FCA, as one of the benefits of membership.

Registration Fee: $185/person until midnite Friday, March 22

Late Registration Fee: $210/person until midnite Monday, April 1

If your particular Cavallino is more spirited, and likes to really run like the wind, then purchase the Monza option (at 250 km/h, the fastest F1 circuit, where Ferrari has won a record 19 times!).

If your Ferrari prefers a more scenic grand touring pace, then purchase the Monaco option (at 48 km/h, Monaco's Fairmont Hairpin is the slowest corner of any F1 circuit, where Ayrton Senna was the most successful driver with 6 wins).

If you wear Nomex under your Mom jeans so your Cavallino can really stretch its legs when overtaking, then just purchase the Baku option, because, face it, you're really more of a Raikkonen than a Vettel.

The link to register is in the email

...bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VAF84 likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Awesome, thanks Bob! Who do I need to email? I'm an FCA member, but new to it. I saw something about sending an email to the Houston chapter when I Google'd the event, but I think I'm more likely to be in the Austin chapter. I listed Austin as my home. Does it make a difference?

4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Pm your email to me and I’ll make sure the prez gets you on the list and sends you the hanger message

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Sent, thanks!

6. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    I’ll already be in Fredericksburg on an unrelated vacation. Would love to stop in and say “Hi” Friday, but shan’t be officially registering as I have a prior engagement in San Antonio Saturday evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Stop by the officers club. We’ll all be there Friday night.

Xtreme5053 likes this.