Has anyone purchased parts from Lyle Tanner in TX? | FerrariChat

Has anyone purchased parts from Lyle Tanner in TX?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by NickinLA, Apr 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NickinLA

NickinLA Karting

Feb 12, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Nick K
    I have a quote for a 328 jack, 2 ratchets, and avlug wrench. It's a bit high but I am willing to pay the price for something sold by a parts person with a good rep. Has anyone worked with him? Thank you.

2. Asliceofthebigpie

Dec 30, 2016
    He is way over priced and will rip you off when he gets the chance. We at Norwood Autocraft used to deal with him until he tried to charge $2000 for a $400 windshield. He still owes us parts and will not get back to us

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would agree. I purchased interior parts for my Dino from him. His wife(?) badgered me for payment as soon as I asked for a quote, told me I needed to pay them right away because they went through the trouble to get the parts (even though I just asked for a quote) and they were sitting there... as soon as I paid, I found out they needed to order the parts and just lied about the whole thing. The other parts I asked about, he just cut and pasted Eurospares and Superformance pictures into an email and doubled the price.

4. patknapp14

patknapp14 Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    Menasha, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Patrick Knapp
    I have sold parts to Lyle Tanner, and purchased parts from him. I have no complaints at all. He has always been fair and honest. Yes, his prices are a bit steeper than what people have paid in the past, but he provides a service. He goes out and does all the hard work. Calls/emails/writes everyone in the business and tracks the parts down. He is a great source if you have exhausted all of the normal vendors, or don't know the Ferrari parts industry well enough to track the parts down yourself. I would have no problem recommending working with him!

308 milano likes this.
  5. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    If he's your only option you pay what he demands.

I would suggest getting pictures of the actual item or items you are purchasing before paying. My personal experience purchasing items from him , that arrived incorrect and he refused to get me the correct parts without a paying second time. Through no fault of my own, as I provided pictures and detailed description of what I needed.

My experience closely resembles that of asliceofthebigpie above.

6. CharlesBE

CharlesBE Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    I purchased a used replacement grill for my Mondial from Lyle Tanner Ferrari Parts, the grill I received was not the same grill represented in the photo presented to me by Lyle himself. The one shown to me was white, the one I was received is red and damaged.
    A customer service request was submitted to Lyle, which he promptly responded too and assured me that he'll exchange the grill and get the correct part for me
    I will keep Ferrari Chat updated on the outcome. .

7. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Me too. Done a lot of business with Lyle both buying and selling to him.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Did business with them a few times recently. ALL WAS GREAT. The 3rd item I bought was incorrect and they wouldn't take it back. I didnt make much of a issue about it, I just stopped buying from them. Their loss.