Having a lot of trouble navigating site | FerrariChat

Having a lot of trouble navigating site

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by Meister, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I'm just lost. When I pull up the site I get the most recent opening page.... I can see the last post to the right and when I click on GFD or whatever section I want it brings up the page of threads from when I originally bookmarked the site?
    I then have to go to the bottom of the thread page and resort the threads using the sort feature on the bottom. I can then find the most recent threads, but even then they don't seem to have the most up to date posts... the heading says there are 3 pages and I only get 2.
    I also thought the posts were arranged oldest (#1 post) on top? I've gone into the UCP and set my settings but it doesn't seem to recongnize the settings.
    Anyway, the problem might be on my end... my brother in law told me to install Windows Professional 2000 on my computer (over Windows ME). He's a dumb ass but that's beside the point. Anyway, even before the switch to the new site, the old site would always come up off the bookmark the same as when I bookmarked it. I could click on GFD and it would have the new threads but it's just frustrating.... I think I've posted once here since the change and I'm having so much trouble finding things I don't spend time here anymore.
    The site looks great... I think it has more to do with the OS switch (my switch) than the new site but I just thought I'd mention it if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You just need to get comfortable with the new site. It takes a week or so, but as you discover how it works and new things I think you'll be pleased. Have you read all the FAQ's? That helps getting familiar with the site. You're throwing many questions and comments around and I don't know where to start. The board by default puts oldest posts first. However, you can go to User CP - Options and have it any way you want. I changed mine to newest first just like the old board. Let me know if any specific questions. Thanks.