Head rolling has begun... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Head rolling has begun...

Discussion in 'F1' started by furoni, May 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    It's all mind games, no different to a football manager or boxer before an event. SF don't seem to have anyone who can bat it back over the fence.

william likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly, who believes that crap? It's impossible to gain that much time in such a short window. Mercedes had 2 cars for testing.

Nothing wrong or illegal with that, zero, but save us the comments. If it was that easy to gain time, Ferrari, Red Bull would've been at it by now.

crinoid likes this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

No, but I don't understand why some people take the bait and are so irrate about anyway.
    Why some Ferrari supporters take every comment at face value and go bezerk about them?
    Why are you so upset by what Toto Wolff says, or others ?
    It seems to me the Mercedes camp is playing with your nerves, and it's working !!!

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Why would Mercedes care about frustrating fans. Seems counter productive.

I find Toto's comments laughable, simple as that. Sadly some boneheaded fans (specifically some Lewis fans) take everything at face value and believe whats going on...just read through social media how irrate they are, laughable! Even at the last race, which of course they won, they where complaining

RobertJRB, daytona355 and stavura like this.
  5. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Good point. I did say in an earlier post that Ferrari often discards ideas and never reuses them. It is perhaps that Allinson was in that boat and he got frustrated. But Marchionne was not a big fan of his.

6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    To be fair, at 6-0 down only victories on track will bat it back over the fence and put us in a position to play mind games.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    James Allison was an overrated prat, personally I’m glad he was booted, we just haven’t found the right guys to replace him and others that spent their time pissing around in the design studio pretending to know what they are doing. When we do, and the rules are rationalised to be fair to all teams instead of just the one, then Ferrari will be back. All Allison did was cause friction, design a dud, and **** off.... hardly the work of a super-genius

fil likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton’s fans believe EVERYTHING that spouts from the mouth of either dumdum or toto, they have no reason not too, they are so consumed by their unflappable loyalty to them... no one will ever convince them that their loyalty is misplaced, or that their deity is a false one, and certainly, no way to have them accept the common sense of the truth. So long as they can come to a ferrari site and support the enemy, and be protected in doing so, why would they not. If they went to a Mercedes forum, firstly, the real merc fans would probably shy away from them for being too extreme, and secondly, they wouldn’t be able to goad anyone into an argument, or cause blowups of threads, because ultimately those forums agree with their premis that merc are best..... apparently much more fun to come here and try to create anger and argument, as evidenced by the fact that if ferrari do well (not very often, but it has happened) they don’t show their faces for days, unlike us ferrari fans who are happy to dissect even our worst performances

635CSI and kes7u like this.
  9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    ...another thing that is mildly concerning to me on a deep level is that with this restructuring Binotto can use the excuse that it will take time to see results of the restructuring. This came to me from watching that guy’s commentary on paddock pass for Canada. I HOPE this won’t be the case however Binotto is comparing the team to the 96/97 ish season and it took until 99 to get a title. I don’t want to wait that long.

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m rather hoping he jumps straight to 2000 and produces a doozy of a car that smashes the opposition and, in the backdraught, pushes Elton into the gravel traps every weekend

Jeronimo GTO and crinoid like this.
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Or straight to 2004. Another thing...having seen Vettel spin soooo many times including today in FP1. Clearly there’s something in the core of this cars balance that is just counter intuitive to him. Despite his making mistakes and whatever the guys one of the best drivers in the planet and yet this car keeps rotating around him time and time again.

daytona355 likes this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There’s no doubting his talent, but I think he has a psychological issue now where he isn’t able to attack effectively, and so when he does so, instead of a flowing, insightful manoeuvre, he is making jerky unnatural attempts to follow the line through indecisive thought processes and that’s causing the spins. These cars are so finely balanced, if you hold back, you risk unbalancing the car which is set up for the perfect line and downforce. Undermine that through incompetence (Stroll), anger (grosjean can’t drive for toffee) or lack of confidence (Seb) and its time to go round and round

crinoid likes this.
  13. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I'm a Ferrarista through and through, and have been since 1966. I don't believe he is the guy at Mercedes who has inspired the team to do as well as they are. I'll let you all know what I thought of the Costa presentation after next friday night.

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Tell him to stop playing with those Teutonic muppets and come back to Ferrari!

15. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Ferrari has to offer him a job.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. daytona355

BANNED