header tank sensor | FerrariChat

header tank sensor

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by srephwed, Feb 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I saw a couple old threads dealing with the sensor for coolant level. I never found a solution to the fact that it is NLA. Mine crumbled when removed. I am not as concerned with the light as I am of filling the hole. Any one have a fix?

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
  3. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I luckily have a brand new in box and original header tank Ferrari float sensor.

I also just recently fitted a brand new Ferrari washer bottle sensor. Both sensors now NLA & rare as hens teeth. I may try to get them 'patterned', as it will only be a matter if time they will fail again being submerged in water.

Worse case is you could disconnect the failed sensors and short the wiring out (washer bottle, not sure on header tank if it's a make or break switch) to complete the circuit to extinguish the warning lamps.

Alternatively there are generic stainless steel vertical float switches available on Ebay, which I'm sure could be adapted to suit and a bung made up easily with some rubber/plastic.

4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Machined down a 1 inch rubber freeze plug to fill hole and seems with wiring disconnected the light is out. Thanks to everyone.