Heading to the factory- Suggestions appreciated...... | FerrariChat

Heading to the factory- Suggestions appreciated......

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fiat4Fun, Oct 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fiat4Fun

Fiat4Fun Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2008
    Sunriver OR
    Full Name:
    Bob
    After trying to get to Italy over the last 4years, we finally leave next week. My dealer had set up the tour and we got the confirmation letter, so we are all set. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! We are driving up from Florence the day before, and staying over after the tour. Let me know what you liked and did not like ;-)

ThanksBob

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As Jimmie wrote, there are many threads on this topic. As far as " Let me know what you liked and did not like", there is nothing not to like. The factory tour ..... fougeddaboudit! :)

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Found this jewel several years ago... went with a small group last month.

Off the beaten path, but minutes from the factory

Try it if you have a free night:

http://www.exe1985.it/

5. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Lamborghini in Sant Agata is only about a half hour to 40 minutes away. Although they require pre-booking a few days in advance I never received a call back confirming so on the morning I had requested I just showed up there with my cousin explained the situation and we got in no problem. Not sure if speaking the language helped the situation. As for eating I highly doubt you will find any restaurant not to your liking. Everywhere I ate in Italy was fantastic and I have grown up spoiled on my mom's home Italian cooking.

paulchua likes this.
  6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Take the factory tour 1st, then you get free admission to the museum and discount in the Ferrari store. You can drive or take the shuttle 12 kilometers to Modena to visit Enzo Ferrari's boy hood home, and another very good Ferrari museum. The Maserati factory is in Modena. And visit with the shuttle the grand Italian opera singer Parvarotti's home also.

paulchua likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I do admit I love the Lambo folks. Very welcoming and their staff always a contradistinction from their cars flamaboyancy. Enjoy both of them! Btw if not already mentioned, visit Enzo's house too...I liked it even better then factory tour!

8. Fiat4Fun

Fiat4Fun Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2008
    Sunriver OR
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks for the information. Getting pretty excited. Just printed my "Ferrari Letter" and it seems like the golden ticket in the movie willy wonka....... Now just need to get through a few days of that work thing.........

paulchua likes this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    The hotel Planet is right there. I just stayed at Maranello palace and it was good. Not as close. Wonder around by the dog park and see all the old miles just beyond the fence.

Pizzeria buffala. Nuff said.

Last do the cheap tour. It’s just a bus but it recaps on the bus for like 10 euro and you see things you missed on the owners tour with your jaw on the floor. Book through the museum in advance.

You get a ticket to the museum but get it stamped for re entry before you leave the museum. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rent a Ferrari virtually anywhere there if you want to try something in Maranello. Fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk