Hello, I'm new | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hello, I'm new

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CalGTS, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Morning

How do you find the SL55 AMG? Have never spoken to an owner, and am interested in what they are like too drive and own. Have heard a couple go by and they sound real NASCAR, would be interesting to have a drag with one in the TVR, though I think I'd take a silver medal :)

MOD.

2. Steve275

Steve275 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 20, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Morning MOD,

I don't get to drive the SL that often, Wife's car really, The odd occasion's I have been allowed to take it, It's been great, but I treat it more as a GT than a Sports Car, Had a couple of Boy Racer's try it on, But the power is so great and always available, their Subaru & Evo VII never bothered it.

I can tell you the ownership is expensive, Servicing costs are obscene, Customer service is Crap, and the roof has had to be fixed under warranty, But apart from that Great car with some nice techno touches.

Not sure about the TVR, Never had one ? Like the Cerbera and the Griff though.

ATB,

Steve

3. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Thanks for the reply. Funny you should mention the poor customer service, my Mum has an W140 model S500 which in 1 year cost £3,500 in unscheduled repairs - air con condenser failed, air pump for soft close doors failed, and the oil spray bridges collapsed in engine!! MB paid for the labour on the air-con pump, then were'nt interested in any of the other problems, even when threatened with never buying another S-class again, even though its her third. Proper rubbish, would'nt get that off Lexus I reckon. Anyway, such is life!

Look forward to meeting you on the 8th Feb on the drive-out.

Regards

MOD.

4. ADG 308

ADG 308 Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK
    Full Name:
    ADG
    Hi,

I'm new to FChat also (registered yesterday).

I've wanted a 308 since late 70's/ early Eighties (when in my mid teens).

I've been seriously studying the market for 18 months+ now, and have been close to buying on a couple of occasions but something (usually history) has put me off.
    There are quite a few 308s out there, but few that are truly good (or at least those I've seen for sale!)

Must buy one before too long as I've announced I'll get one before my 40th (not long now....!)

5. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Mod,

Can i bring my RS6!!!! What a race that would be. Dont want to sound to big headed, but i think the gold medal would be comming my way.
    By the way it has been chiped to give 530BHP.

Regards

Stewart

6. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    I want to get mine done - Details please

J

7. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Yes, have you seen the details of the drive -out on the 8th Feb in the North West Drive Out thread? Is along way for you to travel though! Or are you speaking hypothetically about going for a blast?

There is a Pistonhead event in March at Bruntingthorpe that might interest you where cars have the two-mile run way to go as fast as possible. Some v. fast cars going: 560 bhp RUF 996 TT, 550 bhp LW 993 TT, 450 bhp 996 TT X50, Diablo, Noble, Tuscan S, etc. Don't know if there is any space left, but you could just come along and watch. The RUF is hoping to crack 200 mph with driver plus 3 passengers on board! It only costs a fiver to watch and you'll get plenty of passenger rides in the cars too. See thread link below:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=75271&f=65&h=0&p=1

Regards RS6 v TVR, working on your car having a mass of 1900 kg and 530 bhp, it gives a power / weight ratio of ~280 bhp per ton v 300 bhp per ton for the Chimaera. Though you'll have lots more torque, and with the four wheel drive you'd get off the line faster..................so I reckon you'd take gold...................the tiv does'nt have a limiter though ;) So I'd take gold over 155mph!

Best Regards

MOD.

8. CalGTS

CalGTS Karting

Jan 18, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Leigh
    this thread went very off topic somewhere! lol

9. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Hi MOD,
    Altough i live in London, i originaly come from Rochdale, so i would love to join you guys some day for a drive out.

On the subject of limiters, as most reporters and owners (Nick Mason, Jeremy Clarkson and JK) have commented 'we cant find a limiter'. And altough i wont say how i know, but i know that mine will do at least 170.
    Regards

Stewart