Help!!/advice.. new windscreen for 550 | FerrariChat

Help!!/advice.. new windscreen for 550

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F550kid, Mar 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F550kid

F550kid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    zak
    Hi there,

Last year I had a chipped windscreen repaired by Autoglass who feared that it may still spread and need replacing.

Well that appears to be happening.
    My question is this. Should I get this done by the main dealer that I bought car from last year and who do my servicing or should I get Autoglass to do it?

Autoglass have much more experience in replacing windscreens and are probably much cheaper but the dealer is more "official" but may not have as good technical expertise in their workshop.

Any advice gladly accepted.

Thanks Zak.

2. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

well I can only speak for 355 and say ive seen some pretty awful replacements with sealer 'filling in' around the perimeter.

OK, is a windscreen but how many Ferrari screens have autoglass done in the past year?? I think I would want the dealer to do it and expect a VERY goodjob. After all your insurance will pay- less excess??

3. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Zak,

Autoglass are experts on day to day cars, but I would strongly recommend using your official Ferrari dealer - you will get a job done that looks like the original factory finish.

MW

4. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've just had mine done by Autoglass. Seems fine to me.

They needed the car on site and it took them about 4 hours. They had actually just done another 355 the week before.

5. F550kid

F550kid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    zak
    Hi guys,

thanks for the advice, I will go for dealer as I forgot that this is covered under my insurance and I probably will have easier recourse if the job is not top notch.

cheers
    Zak.