HELP NEEDED POSTING 1MB PDF FILE,PLS------------ | FerrariChat

HELP NEEDED POSTING 1MB PDF FILE,PLS------------

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tonyh, Dec 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I would like to post a 355 buyers' guide so that everyone who wants to see it can, but i can only post files of 500 kb or less .Any suggestions ,pls?
    Tony

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Split it into Parts 1, 2, and 3, perhaps??

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If you don't have a commercial Adobe program, whereby you can modify it's contents, just try this.

Open the .pdf file.

Click
    "Text Select"

Click
    "Edit > Select All" OR "Edit > Copy to Clipboard"

If the second (Copy...) option wasn't available in the Edit drop-down menu, then it is available if you -

Right-Click Mouse, then Click
    "Copy to Clipboard"

Paste Text on a plain-jane Word .doc, (doesn't matter if the Word .doc was already open or you just now opened it.)

If you need Text size on the Word .doc to be smaller, then do the ol' "Select All > 10 (Font Size)"

Save it as (whatever.doc) , then see how big a file size the Word .doc is. In my pointy little head, I roughly estimate that the size reduction will result in the 1MB .pdf file becoming a 825KB word file. (Disclaimer: No wagering)

Since 825KB is still too big, then break it down into 2 smaller Word .docs, and expect some editing along the way.

Again, this is if you don't have a pay-to-play Adobe .pdf program.

4. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    You can convert most files to pdf format using this free program: go2pdf.exe. Just do a search for it. It installs a virtual printer that does the conversion. After you edit the file to split it, just convert it back with this program.