Help needed to identify exhausts | FerrariChat

Help needed to identify exhausts

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rich__888, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rich__888

Rich__888 Rookie

Jun 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Martin
    Hi All,

Brand new member here, looking for help.

My parent's neighbour and friend unfortunately passed away recently. I think he had previously owned a number of Ferrari's (I'm not sure which models yet, but trying to get this information) and there are a few exhausts that his wife is now looking to sell as she is in the process of getting things together and sorting everything out following her husband passing away.

I'm planning to go over and help out this weekend and should hopefully get some more information by then (and I can take more pictures too).

Can anyone help identify the exhuasts in the attached photo? And advise where I might be able to sell them, and rough idea on price?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Attached Files:

2. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Appears to be 575 exhaust system, since the mufflers read “575”. It looks like stock mufflers and Tubi brand, the shinier 2. Of course the rounder units are factory cats. Need to spread them out to get a better look.

3. Rich__888

Rich__888 Rookie

Jun 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Martin
    Thanks for the reply and the help so far. Here are the parts all laid out.

The most recent model he had was a 599 so i assume the 'duller' ones are from this.

Any advice on where to look to sell them? I dont imagine there is much of a market for stock Ferrari exhaust?

Thanks

4. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    #4 Llenroc, Jun 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    My guess would be that the mufflers marked 575 are an after market product, check unit for a name such as Tubi. The brass colored straight pipes are cat bypass units that probably go with the 575 mufflers. The other two appear to be factory units from the 599 you mentioned as well as the rounder two which are factory cats for the 599(?). The factory pieces probably would be a harder sell, the after market pieces would be more desirable. Maybe try the classified section here.
    From the photo of the parts: the guy did an after market exhaust on his 575 then sold that car and pulled off the exhaust shown, reinstalling factory exhaust before he sold it, bought a 599 pulled that factory exhaust and put on an after market exhaust but it went with the car instead of converting it back, hence the stack of parts you have there.

Auraraptor likes this.
  5. Rich__888

Rich__888 Rookie

Jun 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    Richard Martin
    Thank you very much Llenroc! Really appreciate the help.

Llenroc likes this.