Help on finding a shop near Boston for Dash recovering | FerrariChat

Help on finding a shop near Boston for Dash recovering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Patek, May 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Thanks for everyone looking at this. I need to know who you guys would use to do leather work on the dash and door panels. I just got a quote from the Dealership for $10,500... then they came down to $9,000.

There has to be an independent leather shop that can do the job for $5,000 ish.

Let me know if you know of any place. Might even think about vinyl ... as this will never be a 250 Lusso, not like it need exacting factory dash. I am more concerned with making the engine the thing. They have quoted me $20,000 on the engine stuff, sticky knobs, etc odds and ends.
    Thanks again,
    John

2. BB456MGT

BB456MGT Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Konstantinos
    https://www.bradangroup.com/

In NY, but they sent a trailer to pick up and deliver my 612. They did a great job on the dash repair. Going strong 7 years later!

Patek likes this.
  3. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Thanks BB456MGT...
    John

4. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Did you end up finding a local shop? I'm hearing dash should be around $3K if you send it out (does not include remove/reinstall).

5. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I never did. Guess I am stuck with the dealership in New England. They will take out the dash and send it out. I don't anything else to do. Unless there was a shop where I could send the car to and they remove the dash and repair it there on site. that way I would just tell the dealership to hold off on the dash. Then when they are though with all the mechanicals for $30,000. Send it out to the shop that can do the dash. Let me know if you can think of anything. $9500 seems steep. But I am in Ga. and not Boston, so I don't have much weight to pull.
    Thanks.
    John

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    You can try calling Tony at Autohaus of Boston -- he is a sponsor here and was one of the chief mechanics at Ferrari of New England. I don't know that his costs would be any less to do the work ... but he will probably know who Ferrari of New England subcontracts their leather work out to. And he may be more familiar with the older cars.

What I've done in the past with Porsches is ask the service advisor where I can take the car to get a minor leather repair done, they will usually tell you who they use, and that is usually the same shop they subcontract larger jobs with. I once got a crazy high quote from the Porsche dealer in Boston to install aftermarket seat heaters in a 911 (pretty simple job if you don't care about using factory parts which I did not), so I called back the next day, disguised my voice and asked about a minor leather repair, they gave me a name, I called the shop and got the seats done for half the price ;)

Coincidentally, that shop is not far from the Ferrari dealer, so it could be the same place. I know they sent my F430 somewhere close to have the headliner fixed but not sure where it went to.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You could try calling this place - http://marksautoupholstering.com/ . I could be wrong (what else is new) but I think FNE might send their work to them. This is a referral, not a recommendation, I have no idea how good they are.