Help Stolen 355 challenge | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help Stolen 355 challenge

Discussion in 'New England' started by 1cerberus4u, Oct 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Actually, the site you reference is the site of the shop from which Andy actually bought his car (they are an affiliate of site sponsor Martin's Ferrari sales site). If you look closely, the pictures are the SAME between this site and the one brought up earlier.

So, no luck, but thank you very much for the investigate work anyway!

vty,

--Dennis

2. KTR

KTR Guest

Jun 17, 2005
    There were several cars. The car which is the subject of this thread originally belonged to Neil Fairman, a Canadian with a home in Florida. Lawrence Stroll had at least two and may well have had three. I know one was purchased while his original Miller Motorcars 355 was being repaired. A car was purchased from Shelton while at the race in Mosport. And then there was Ugo Colombo, the owner of the Collection in Miami. Ugo had two cars both were painted Blue. White, and yellow instead of red. One of Ugo's cars was damaged extensively while in Italy for the Finals. He always ran with #54.
    Someone at Tommy Hillfiger in New York designed the paint scheme in 1997 and it was first applied to the Fairman car in Jupiter, Fl. The others were painted at The Collection in Miami.

3. S2000Driver

S2000Driver Rookie

Aug 19, 2004
    Jeepers!!!

Im over in Keene, you drove the car past my office this summer and I saw you again on Rte9 on the way to the Concours in Hartford.
    I hope you find the car. I would be willing to help in any way I can.

Ted

4. krkline2gdsms

krkline2gdsms Rookie

Nov 1, 2005
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Kenny Kline
    video will be up soon - give me 15 minutes - just waiting for it to finish downloading

5. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  6. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    There should be an article on it in the Boston Globe today. Im downloading the video now.

7. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  8. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    I have posted this on my website too, with a picture of the car !
    I hope it will help just a little!

I hope the car will be found very soon!!

9. Isabella430

Isabella430 Rookie

Oct 31, 2005
    Boston/NH
    Full Name:
    Isabella R.
    I have the Boston globe, can't find the story..... "Edit" I found it, .......wow, I am in shock! All I can say is I'm sorry, and I'll keep an eye out. -Bella

10. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    im glad my picture was put to good use and is in the Boston Globe trying to get Andy's car back!

11. KEVYKAT

KEVYKAT Rookie

Nov 2, 2005
    How come there's been no new posts regarding the stolen Tommy car? Someone's gotta know something. How can this just go unnoticed. It seems like it's become yesterday's news - that reeks! My heart goes out to the owner, I'd be going nuts. It seems like all of the posts relative to this unfortunate event were posted on that day 10/26, & the next day 10/27. It just ended there. Nothing of relevence that's new. No new pleas, no new discussion. Whuz up wit dat? Step up. What if it were your car? There is a reward, but, even if there wasn't . . . . . . . . Kat of Kevy

12. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    To Everyone

Hello. Unfortunetley, i was just leaving town on business when this all happened, so much of the work and discussions have been over the phone with the police, FBI and such. Typically we are very private people, so we are trying to be thankful of everyone's help in trying to find the car, while also trying to maintain some sense of our personal privacy. A tough act after all the press. Going forward we are trying to continue to focus on the CAR, not the OWNERS. The police are still working on it, the FBI is involved and the insurance company has hired a PI. I have also offered a reward. At this point, it appears that it will need some sort of a lead to find it, so please keep and ear to the ground and an eye open.....

again, thanks for your help and support

andy and laurie

13. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Hi Andy,
    Was the car ever found?
    Neil Fairman

14. chucklehead

chucklehead Karting

Mar 28, 2005
    Beverly, MA
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    It was found in a warehouse 4 months after it went missing. Don't know who owns it now.

DadsFerrari likes this.
  15. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Interesting, since Andy is active on this forum, I think many of us would love to hear the details about the recovery.

16. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    It was recovered, and Andy kept it for a good while, then sold it a few years ago.

HTH,

--Dennis

DadsFerrari and Nospinzone like this.
  17. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    From an old news account ... interesting in that I had Mark from Exotech do the top end on a former Porsche 993 years ago which he did a terrific job on.

PLAISTOW, NH -- A rare Ferrari stolen from a Plaistow, New Hampshire repair shop last year, has been recovered.

Police investigating an alleged illegal chop shop operation found a photo of the car on a cell phone, then found the car, intact, in a self-storage unit.

The 1995 F-355 Challenge was stolen from Exotech, a sports car repair shop on Route 108 in the early morning on October 26.

The car is rare because it was a Tommy Hilfiger team car. It is reportedly one of only three painted in that color scheme and has an estimated value of up to $125,000.

Police arrested Morgan Kipper, 27, of Cambridge, and charged him with four counts of receiving stolen property. "He was using a series of storage units, taking apart vehicles and then transporting those parts out for resale," Lt. Mike Dudash said.

His girlfriend, Elaine Healy, 28, of Nashua, was charged with one count of receiving stolen property.

Police say they do not believe the Ferrari was meant to be dismembered for parts.

18. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    More on Mr Kipper ... apparently he went by "Turby" here and on various other forums and was known on Rennlist for allegedly scamming members on parts sales, and was also suspected of attending open houses and member meetups to scope out potential target cars.

Billerica gun suspect arrested after high-speed chase
    By LISA REDMOND |
    PUBLISHED: February 28, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. | UPDATED: July 12, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
    LOWELL — A 34-year-old Billerica man was ordered held on $200,000 cash bail after he and his girlfriend were charged by Billerica police with firearms possession that allegedly stem from a federal probe into the sale and purchase of illegal firearm components by a Swedish national.

In Lowell District Court Wednesday, Morgan Kipper, 34, of 61 Wyman Road, pleaded not guilty to charges of career armed criminal, possession of ammunition without an FID card, possession of a silencer, carrying a firearm without a license, marked-lanes violation, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, speeding and failure to stop for police. He is scheduled for a probable-cause hearing March 21.

Police say Kipper’s record has 53 entries, including convictions for firearms charges related to carrying a firearm while intoxicated without a license, possession of a firearm without a license, armed robbery with a firearm, assault with a dangerous weapon — a firearm, and several other violent crimes, according to court documents.

His girlfriend, Elaine Healy, 34, also of 61 Wyman Road, is charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition without an FID card and possession of a silencer. She was ordered held on $7,500 cash bail. Her next court date is March 21 for a pretrial conference.

According to court documents, Billerica police were contacted on Feb. 21 by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and told that Kipper was suspected of purchasing illegal-firearms parts or components capable of modifying a Glock pistol from semi-automatic to fully automatic. Fully-automatic weapons are highly regulated by state and federal law and are illegal to possess without a specially-issued permit, according to police.

The focus on Kipper stems from a federal investigation originating with the ATF- New Orleans Field Division dating from 2010 and 2011. That investigation dealt with the illegal importing of firearms components from a Swedish national, according to court documents.

On Feb. 25, ATF agents, with postal inspectors and Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials, viewed four packages shipped from England, Hong Kong, China and Malaysia addressed to Kipper.

When the packages were opened, investigators found the package from China contained numerous pieces of machined tubing and other machine-threaded parts ATF agents recognized as components of a firearms silencer. The other packages contained additional pieces of metal tubing, a sprocket and a drill bit. Investigators seized the contents of all four packages.

On Tuesday, police received the “no-knock” warrant due to the firearms suspected in the home.

With a warrant, investigators decided that postal agents would make a “controlled delivery” of the international packages. But when no one answered the door, the packages were left at the door.

Three minutes after the postal agent left, investigators say they saw the garage door open and the Porsche exit at a high rate of speed. Kipper was allegedly behind the wheel, while Healy allegedly opened the front door and brought the packages inside.

Police followed the Porsche, but once they hit their lights and sirens, the Porsche began to hit speeds of 80 mph to 100 mph, crossing over the town line into Burlington, passing cars and failing to stop at traffic lights. Due to the high volume of traffic, police ended the pursuit but continued to receive calls from other drivers warning of a Porsche on Winn Street entering 128 North. Area departments were notified.

In the garage at the 61 Wyman Road home, police found a camouflage duffel bag that contained a black H&K .45-caliber firearm with a silencer attached, ammunition and an Intraech Tech .22-caliber firearm with a flash suppressor, a SWD Inc. firearm with a silencer and a high-capacity magazine, according to court documents.

Police also found materials to make silencers, military zip-tie handcuffs, two diagrams on how to build a silencer, a silencer, and more ammunition, according to court documents. All the weapons will be processed for DNA and fingerprints, and test-fired for certification as a working firearm.

Police also seized a computer that they allege may contain evidence of he purchase, sale, transfer or possession or firearms components over the Internet, documents state. Near the computer were two gun-enthusiast magazines along with firearms magazines.

Kipper agreed to turn himself in to police at 2:20 a.m. Wednesday. Police found him sitting on the front stoop of his Wyman Road home. He was arrested without incident.

In 2007, Kipper’s criminal exploits were detailed in the Wall Street Journal, and focused on a 2006 arrest Kipper faced for allegedly running a car “chop shop” in New Hampshire.

The story was about criminals who were convicted, in part, because they had pictures stored on their cellphones of themselves committing crimes.

Kipper allegedly had pictures of himself behind the wheel of a stolen car when he was arrested, the paper reported. The Journal story included a sketch of Kipper’s mugshot.

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks Vic!

Kipper was/is quite a character. I wonder where he is now????

20. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Hopefully, he and the girl are dead and were thrown in a dump. What a bunch of human trash. I hate saying stuff like this but these type of people are why we can’t have a civil society.

Nospinzone and Shark01 like this.
  21. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Lifetime POS...This guy is newspaper printing gold.

https://www.lowellsun.com/2017/11/15/billerica-man-to-prison-on-gun-charges/

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news/local/escapee-captured-trying-to-get-back-in-to-laconia-prison/article_3322bc03-9609-59d2-9351-be4a54a22643.html

ddrewesusa likes this.
  22. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Wowww Bonnie and Clyde... wonder if she finally bailed on that guy. The Hilfiger story, together with the Apple Tags nowadays makes an alarmed home garage a necessity