Help with speedometer F355 Spider - 1995 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andih256

andih256 Rookie

Nov 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Andi Haller
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on an F355 Spider, and one of the issues I'm trying to solve is the speedometer / odometer. Apparently someone tried to "fix it" before with no success (See pictures).

What I'm looking for is any information you could provide about this gauge for example pictures of a disassembled one with the internal PCBs, connectors and cables, schematics, datasheets, etc.

I have found a lot of useful information about similar Veglia speedos but not exactly what I need so any help, tips or comments would be much appreciated. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. andih256

andih256 Rookie

Nov 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Andi Haller
    Edit: yes! the board in the last picture is not original. Someone replaced the inner electronics with an Arduino! xD I wouldn't have a problem if it worked but sadly it doesn't.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  4. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    someone put some real effort into that "fix".

andih256 likes this.
  5. andih256

andih256 Rookie

Nov 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Andi Haller
    Qavion likes this.
  6. andih256

andih256 Rookie

Nov 9, 2022
    Full Name:
    Andi Haller
  7. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    On dinoplex.org they explain how to fix the sender (the unit that sends the signal to your faulty module) and give detailed explanation on the type of signal used.

They also say, these were widely used in other italian cars. Alfa compatible module plus arduino to adjust rear axle ratio?