Help with wiring | FerrariChat

Help with wiring

Discussion in '360/430' started by Litibutiti, Sep 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Litibutiti

Litibutiti Rookie

Aug 15, 2018
    Happy Valley
    Full Name:
    Lin Butiti
    I have 1999 f1 modena trying to pass emission. I proceeded to check the evap system and came across this unconnected plug (gray). Does anyone know where this connects to?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It doesn't. All good.

3. Litibutiti

Litibutiti Rookie

Aug 15, 2018
    Happy Valley
    Full Name:
    Lin Butiti
    what to do mean it doesnt? If doesnt connect to anything, why does it look like its been connected..

4. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    when I had my engine covers off I found plugs not connected to anything also. I wouldn't be too worried.

5. Litibutiti

Litibutiti Rookie

Aug 15, 2018
    Happy Valley
    Full Name:
    Lin Butiti
    thanks. Any advice on getting the evap and o2 unready resolved? I have no MIL in the dash / code reader. Everything runs great.

6. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I'm pretty sure the o2 will hold the evap from coming in. So if you get your o2 sorted the evap will come in as long as it has no issues. Do you have a stock exhaust?

7. Litibutiti

Litibutiti Rookie

Aug 15, 2018
    Happy Valley
    Full Name:
    Lin Butiti
    I cant verify if the muffler is stock but he exhaust tip is aftermarket?

8. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Take some pics of the exhaust and post them. Someone will let you know what it is.

9. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    The can looks stock. Can you see the cats?

10. Litibutiti

Litibutiti Rookie

Aug 15, 2018
    Happy Valley
    Full Name:
    Lin Butiti
    The car has full cat. Im pretty sure this is stock competition only? Not sure
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    That's a Tubi exhaust

I'm 360 Canuck and Skidkid like this.
  12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Yes Sierra055 is correct Litibutiti Tubi I know because I had one that came with my 360, I gave it away to a friend not a fan because they are very heavy . Here is a diagram that shows the plug is for a solenoid valve some have two or three maybe to do with exhaust valves opening for exhaust system at high RPMs
    1. Secondary Air System Valid for USA MY 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004 and CDN MY 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004-: 009

13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    There are issues with the '99 not setting all monitors. I can't remember what monitor but it will never set and Ferrari can flash the ECU to fix the issue. There are a number of threads on here about it so you should be able to find one BUT as I recall, it is the O2 because the '99 doesn't have precats.

I don't see why the O2 would hold the evap. Once is an exhaust issue and the other is gas tank issue. The most likely cause for evap is rollover valves and vending on the charcoal canister. It looks like you are checking that. Did you do a smoke test? If not do it. That will help you find the leaks so you can replace the parts that are leaking. I had the same evap issue and had it all redone just before I sold the car.

14. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I would not be surprised that the connector was used to connect to the stock vacuum solenoid valves to control the vacuum going to the exhaust bypass valves. If I am correct, there would be similar loose connector on the other side. But not necessarily so. It appears you do not have a stock muffler. Many aftermarket providers of exhaust system did not make them with exhaust bypass valves, e.g., Tubi. On the 360, disconnecting the vacuum solenoid valves electrical connector is not a problem cuz there is no circuit checking performed by the ECU so will not get a check engine light. You can verify this by finding the vacuum solenoid valves. There are two. Located just in front of the tail light assembly, left and right side. You should be able to easily see them looking down when engine bay lid is open.

Steve

15. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    I just took a second a look at your original photo and now not so sure about my answer. That plug looks like it is in the wrong place to be for the vacuum solenoid valve.

Steve

16. Litibutiti

Litibutiti Rookie

Aug 15, 2018
    Happy Valley
    Full Name:
    Lin Butiti
    The vacuum solenoid valve in connected. The hose from the valve to *exhaust is plugged off since he tubi does not have the exhaust valve.