High Performance tires | Page 2 | FerrariChat

High Performance tires

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sherpa23, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trasus

trasus Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Phoenix, Az.
    Yup, Kumho Ecsta MX. But they only pick things up when they're hot. The rest of the time, they're fine. As to the road noise, maybe it's my american cars but every expansion joint is like a drum beat and every change in road texture brings a new octave at speeds of 80 and up. This is Arizona though, and most of my freeway driving is on concrete, which I find louder anyway. At 65 and below, road noise is negligible. Have you driven yours in the cold? I was near the grand canyon and it felt like the tires were steel and traction was bad in braking and accelerating. No snow, no ice. These are definitely NOT winter tires.h

2. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Considering the fact that my car has no interior paneling, no carpet, no sound deadening, kevlar bucket seats and an alcantera steering wheel, road noise isn't all that "troubling." (Although, they do hum, considerably, and again, I wouldn't use R compounds for everyday driving; to and from the track? sure, but for daily use it's a waste. )

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I have AVS Sports on the Z now. Good tire for me in the dry, but technological improvements have put these tires towards the back of the pack now. Great tires at one time, now just a good/decent tire.

4. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    What size Bridgestone Potenza S-03's do you use with stock 355 wheels?

I see they make a 225/40/18 OEM spec for the front, but what about the rear? There are not 265/40/18 OEM spec or the 295/35/18 that I've heard some people use on the rears.

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Use the 275/40ZR18s

Assuming you are keeping the original wheels, you could go all out and put Hoosier slicks on the speedlines and leane the road wheels with regular max performance rubber.