Hoovies Garage 355 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hoovies Garage 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by jgriff, Mar 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. English

English Rookie

Jan 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Daniel Bennett
    It amazes me that people care so much to be derogatory. I'll watch most any content on these cars, in fact, we could do with more of it out there. I like this dudes style, and I appreciate the effort it takes to make any content. Good on him

jgriff and MAD828 like this.
  2. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Tyler- my 355 has a recorded 3yr history of dealing with coolant leaks about 3yrs after purchased by first owner. Traced back records and found Ferari had a coolant recall fix at that timeframe, after which I see invoice after invoice with leaks noted. Be prepared for continued seeping after your fix in the 2nd episode of your video- and if the case, have WIZARD research what Ferrari did in this recall to trace other components.

3. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Oh... and once resolved there have been no other issues incl overheating noted for over 15yrs incl my own ownership. I have driven over 200mi each way on some trips though never in city like traffic. Look forward to your updates.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    LOL glad you posted here. I like how you have collaborated with Tavarish in some videos. I know you guys have your own styles, but I'd like to see you have a shop and work on your cars like he does for your videos. I can understand if you're not as mechanically inclined as he.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I can see how not giving a balanced view of Ferrari maintenance would upset some people. In his second video, did the mechanic shop around for best prices on OEM parts? Clearly if you do this, you can get parts at considerably cheaper prices. Did the video mention that these are some of the most expensive hoses on the car and are not necessarily representative of the average price of F355 hoses. Judging by the 1000's of comments on YouTube, these videos are appealing more to Ferrari haters than lovers.

Dave rocks likes this.
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I don't know if Hoovie reads the comments section of his YouTube videos, but someone noticed that the fuel block recall/modification hasn't been done on his car. More fodder (or should I say kindle) for his next drama ;)

phrogs likes this.
  7. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    It looked like the ricambiamerica website, so he should get the fchat 10% discount.

Even some savings right there.

Yassa and Qavion like this.
  8. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    OMG, the fuel block wasn't done?! Now there's a really bad video episode just waiting to happen. "Hoovie Sets Himself On Fire." Maybe the coolant leak will douse it. :p

I do like Hoovie's vids though. He does what I do not have the courage to do, but secretly would want to try. If I had a pole barn in the Midwest...

GTUnit likes this.
  9. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    First drive video:

Yassa and Jasonberkeley like this.
  10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I decided to do a drinking game based upon the word wizard.....

uhhh.

phrogs likes this.
  11. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    #36 Nader, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    He posted up video of the facial expressions most of us have had, but would never dream of sharing. As a result, now I how he looks during sex. Which I don't want to know. Nutty guy. Likable, though. Glad to see him enjoy the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    It’s hard to believe he traded his running NSX plus $10k for a Ferrari he has no clue of the problems and he can’t even fire it up to test it.

glad to see he got it running.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Man the 355 sounds so good...

FerrariFR33458 and bjwhite like this.
  14. Orange Crush

Orange Crush Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    Wichita KS
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I miss that damn car

Davsk1 and Julia like this.
  15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    How do you like the nsx?

16. Orange Crush

Orange Crush Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    Wichita KS
    Full Name:
    Rob

It’s exactly as I expected it would be. Not nearly as exciting as the 355 but still a solid, capable car and one that I don’t worry about while I drive it. That being said though, after seeing his latest video and that sound.....I need a beer lol.

jgriff and INTMD8 like this.
  17. nickmb

nickmb Karting

Dec 11, 2013
    Austin,TX/SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nico
    When you towed it home, did you look into the culprit at all? or just park it?

I can imagine seeing that it was a simple fix, doesn't make the trade feel to good.

Nonetheless, enjoy the nsx.

18. Orange Crush

Orange Crush Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    Wichita KS
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I was very certain it was a hose as when it went it just sprayed coolant immedieately all out the back and over some poor Explorer on the highway lol. I got off at the next exit and it was running perfect, temps were normal but coolant was everywhere. Had it towed home and the shop couldn’t get to it for a month. I tried diagnosing myself but had no idea where it was coming from and in the meantime the offer came up on the Acura. It was hard to say yes but seeing that i had it for a while and got to live my dream of achieving(and enjoying) the car I realized a stark reality. I’ve put $7500 in it in over a year and had a $12,000 major staring me in the face. All with a broken car that could be minor or could not. I took the sensible way out and will easily admit I was in a little over my head with the car. I knew it all going in so I’m not upset at all. When it was right it was a STELLAR car.

MAD828, nickmb and INTMD8 like this.
  19. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You are not wrong. I think the guys dedicated to the 355 have issues with the drama, at least I do. It seems the priority is the YT channel and not the car, hence my prior comments.

You are no stranger here, Rob. But, a $12K major is why these cars get a bad name and in some cases, a total rape job. I'm all for paying for good service but $12K better be gold plated. Yes, it takes time and full respect where due.

phrogs and Yassa like this.
  20. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Welcome to the new owner and if you care to keep it stick around.
    You will learn something and you can post more videos that say what a smokin deal you got instead.
    Likely what will happen though is you will be too busy drivin to post any more.
    Ha ha
    Good luck

21. tifosi308

tifosi308 Karting

Jul 1, 2005
    Midwest
    Hey Tyler. Enjoy your channel, that 355 was the deal of a lifetime. If you're ever in MN you're welcome to film with my 308 or anything else from my "hooptie fleet". Looking forward to more vids.

22. jgriff

jgriff Formula 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    The next one is out.

ferrariformulauno and Yassa like this.
  23. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #48 bjwhite, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Says the 348 is slow. I bet he’s never driven one. :)

All in all though a decent video of the car. I enjoyed hearing that exhaust for sure-the car sounds great.

I’m also looking forward to see what he doesn’t like about the 355. :) I certainly have my list!

24. darrenliu

darrenliu Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2008
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Darren Liu
    his car sounds amazing, makes me want to swap my stock muffler out

25. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The next in his series...

Everything he hates about his cheap Ferrari (that should have been picked up on a PPI)

Stickies, HVAC not working, suspension light on...