How do you get to the aft spark plugs of my 328? | FerrariChat

How do you get to the aft spark plugs of my 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by cessna, May 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cessna

cessna Karting

Dec 4, 2008
    Malta
    Full Name:
    Stephen Grech
    Hi, every day I learn something new on this forum.

Could someone tell me how one is to reach aft spark plugs on the 328.? Been trying to locate data, pictures or video clips but to no avail.

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I didn't find it particularly difficult when I did it a few days ago for the first time. It just requires the right combination of socket extensions to get the length right. I was able to do it by either reaching under or over/behind the hood, depending on the particular cylinder. It would, of course be much easier with the hood removed but I don't see any reason at all to remove it just to change spark plugs. If the hood was off for some other reason it would be a perfect time to change the plugs but it didn't take me more than maybe 30-45 minutes to change all 8 with the hood in place.

3. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Take a 3 or 4 inch extension combined with the appropriate spark plug socket and slip it into spark plug hole without the ratchet attached. Do this from the side of the car slipping your hand between the hood and backwall. Once the socket and extension are slipped into place, fix the ratchet onto the extension and wrench away. Easier to do with a cold engine.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    With the hood up, reach over the hood and behind the glass under the spoiler. Not real easy but doable. If the hood struts are weak you will be risking getting hurt. Put a mechanical strut to hold the hood up, like a broomstick.

And you mean the front plugs. The aft plugs are the easy ones.

5. cessna

cessna Karting

Dec 4, 2008
    Malta
    Full Name:
    Stephen Grech