How expensive is the Ferrari Getrag DCT ? | FerrariChat

How expensive is the Ferrari Getrag DCT ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, Jun 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I thought it would be interesting to compare the costs of the current Ferrari DCT system compared with the system it replaced.

In the F430, the F1 system and EDiff consisted of the F1 clutch and gear box, the hydraulic F1 actuators, the F1 pump, and the E Diff.

Here is a simplified breakdown of those costs:
    F1 Gear Box: $12,000
    F1 Hydraulic actuators system: $14,000
    EDiff: $11,000
    Total (not including various pipes,brackets, ECUs, accessories, fluids or labor) = $37 ,000

The replacement cost of the Ferrari DCT which includes the EDiff (not including ECU or radiators or labor) = $28,000

Please feel free to correct my figures .

2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    gosh, glad I just extended my warranty....

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The F1 gearbox of the F430 is basically a regular gearbox, all the hydraulics is added on top of it; it's not designed as a whole from the start so it's logical that it's more expensive IMHO.

4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I was told $35,000 including labor a couple years ago so that sounds about right. I think you can get them repaired now for a lot less.

5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I just had an EPB failure (electronic parking brake failure). It caused the parking brake to become disabled in the ON position, requiring them to be manually released. The EPB module failed, and the manual release of the rear parking brake calipers mandates they be replaced as well. Total cost for the new module and new parking brake calipers: $14,000. That's just in parts, I don't know yet what the labor will run. I kid you not.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Unfortunate outcome especially if out of warrantee. Where are these parking brake calipers located? I don't see them externally prior to the Speciale and beyond 488.

7. ferraritommy

ferraritommy Rookie

Aug 2, 2017
    Milford NJ
    Just finished my first Getrag dct rebuild. Took way longer to build all the tools in the machine shop compared to actual rebuild time.

8. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Did you confirm this at FerrParts.com? I have no idea why you'd replace the calipers, actuator and ecu... But I can buy 458 rear calipers with pads (2 x $2200), a new parking brake actuator ($1150). That would make the control module more than $8k?

But I found it on eBay for $225. Seems like I should buy it and resale it for $8k?
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F121628566361

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

They are the black portion above the painted rear calipers. Brembo designed it so it looks integrated with the brake caliper.

Solid State likes this.
  10. flifer

flifer Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ferrparts.com shows complete DCT for $16,755.

I most likely won't be renewing the warranty on my 488 when original factory warranty is over in a year and a 1/2...