How good Marchionne really is for Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Igor Ound, Nov 5, 2017.

?

How good Marchionne really is for Ferrari? (Out of 5)

1. 5

2. 4

3. 3

4. 2

5. 1

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. paulchua

paulchua F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Jobs and Zuckerburg do the same.

2. Valentino Toro

May 28, 2017
    Deciding to wear a work uniform conserves cognitive energy that can be used on matters that the wearer believes are more important. But contrary to belief, Jobs did not always wear the same uniform and Zuckerberg does occasionally don formal dress. Marchionne is hell-bent on selling more Ferraris and so he dresses down to give the image of being a “commoner”, thus attempting to appeal more to the average Joe and getting him to cough up some of his life savings for either a new or used Ferrari or a Ferrari sweater. If he can look like a man of the masses, instead of a suited and booted high flyer, he can appear to be less conniving, thus pleasing and convincing more people around the world that they too can own a Ferrari.

paulchua likes this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I always thought it was because he was lazy. (same w/ Job & Zuck) clothes too much work to bother with every morning.

635CSI likes this.
  4. Valentino Toro

May 28, 2017
    That too Paul. The point, and what is most worrisome for the Ferrari brand, is that it’s clear what his intent is...boost production numbers for this haloed brand solely with the intent of creating more money for the shareholders, exclusivity and history be damned.

paulchua likes this.
  5. Formula Uno

Formula Uno Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2008
    Valentino with all due respect to your opinion, "commoners" and "man of the masses" aren't the people buying $350,000 Ferrari's.

I think that a sloppy sweater on the CEO does not fit the image of Ferrari.

I don't remember ever seeing a pic of Enzo Ferrari in anything other than a suit and tie, and I think that if Enzo were alive today and saw his CEO wearing a sweater in public he would kick him in the ass and send him onto the street of Via Abetone.

To each his own I guess but I think that it looks TERRIBLE!

635CSI likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I wonder if it's the same sweater? Or does he have a closet full of them.
    [​IMG]

Valentino Toro likes this.
  7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. Valentino Toro

May 28, 2017
    I don’t think he’s has more than a couple Paul - at the most. I once saw him wear the same tomato sauce stained sweater three days in a row. Not a great representative for the Ferrari image and a bit of an embarrassment for the typically well dressed Italians.

paulchua likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    hahahaha

10. 635CSI

635CSI Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I hate the whole “I may be worth billions but I dress like a dork” Silicone Vally crap. There it just brings my derision, for a senior officer of Ferrari I think it should be a hanging offence.
    Enzo, Luca, Mauro, Pierro; did or does anybody ever see them looking poorly turned out?

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017

Agreed. Call Armani or Canali a mns get a smsednr wardrobe.

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyl
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Azzhats dress like azzhats because....
    He only wants social media owners.
    Screw the rest.
    He's done SO well with Fiat and AR here.
    He and Cigarette Boy throw everyone under the bus, started with Mattiaci a couple back.
    Weasel micromanager.