How long is your commute? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How long is your commute?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MarineVette, Jan 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    15 min walk, 30 min if im just that lazy

all these people that drive 2~3 miles??? why not walk??? seems odd...

2. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    My commute is 4 miles to the first hospital. Then it's 45 miles to the next hospital, then another 5 miles to the final hospital. So for tax purposes my commute is only 8 miles a day. The other 100 are between places of business. The Vanquish is my "company car." I still only deduct 75% though.

3. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    My first job was a commute of 4 miles. Then I moved to a new state, got a new job, and my commute was 3.6 miles. Moved the third time, another new job, and my commute was 3.2 miles. Moved once for the third job to 1 mile away. Sweet. I'm lovin' the pattern.

Then I moved to Atlanta. I love Atlanta. Hate my commute. 30 miles plus a shuttle ride. 50 minutes minimum just for my driving part (minus the shuttle). 70 minutes average. Worst was 3.5 hours one night. I couldn't go 3 miles without seeing one huge crash after another on that night.

Back in December, my commute took me past THREE shopping malls! At Christmas time! Those were the days I wish I had a helicopter.

But, like I said, I love Atlanta. Hate my commute. But my current job is the one that I love the most out of any job I've ever had. So I put up with the commute.

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Here is SLC nothing is more than 15 min away, and even to go skiing is only an hour...

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    29 miles door to door.
    35/40 minutes to get there at 12:00 noon.
    25 minutes to get home at 11:00 pm.
    Mostly freeway, relaxing time to drink coffee and listen to music on the way in and I usually listen to talk radio on the way home.