360 - How many miles is too many miles? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 How many miles is too many miles?

Discussion in '360/430' started by beemerb0y, Oct 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beemerb0y

beemerb0y Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    #26 beemerb0y, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    For an F1 trans, correct?

gated would be nice, but clean examples are $85k and thats with 45k miles! most looking to be in the $95-$110k range with lower miles

ive checked all car sale posting platforms, which will only get me as far as asking prices .. ive seen a few in person and talked prices on a few.. some are flexible with $5-10k off their ask, some not more than $1-2k

ive checked completed ebay listings, and only rough condition ones seem have actually sold

ive checked BAT.. prices can be all over the place depending if one lurking, non bidder, non buyer decides to throw in his unsolicited, uneducated 2 cents

seems like these cars sit for for a while, sometimes 6 months to a year, especially at dealerships since they dont have full/previous maintenance records, are overpriced, etc.. or maybe people dont want a 20 year old exotic...

2. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    If you are patient I've seen gated examples with 60kish miles go for mid 60s.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Yes, correct, F1

And I agree with you, many cars sit unsold for some time, and for a variety of reasons. I wouldn’t be overly concerned about that. In fact, use it to your advantage. My search took over a year for each car, during which I inspected and/or drove 6-10 cars.

4. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Bring a Trailer via the link I shared allows you to at least see the actual sales and then look at what the car had for features or notes, aside from the usual peanut gallery of lurkers :) You can go to the lower part of the page and pretty much load all sales for a very long time. This at least shows you what is possible. It's all real too. It's all over the place as few folks can mobilize to go look at the cars themselves, so it's good to have this forum that you can ask someone possibly local to go take a look for you. The prices are sometimes a steal because of the fact that when it shows up there is going to be limited time to do much due diligence. It's a gamble, but clearly a way to get a steal in many cases.

If the auctions like that are scary, you will have to start trolling the regular sources such as Auto Trader, Cars dot com, DuPont Registry, etc and do it the old way.

One thing about buying an exotic, you may have to be ready to spend time and money traveling if you think you've found the right car. In some cases you may be trying to find a place far away from you to perform a PPI just on the suggestions on this forum.

It's not easy, but you are not buying a used Ford Ranger ;-) You really need to decide what year, feature, and color combo you want first. That narrows it down.