How much longer do we have to suffer? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How much longer do we have to suffer?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Dec 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Ferrari will win a WDC and WCC in how many years?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2019.
  1. Next year is the charm!

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Two more years

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Three more years

8 vote(s)
    11.6%
  4. Four more years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not until Hamilton quits

13 vote(s)
    18.8%
  6. Not until Mercedes quits

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I don't want to think that far into the future. It's depressing.

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    • 30-day thread reply restriction
    Not another one typed out Mercedes chat with an f....e...r....r....a..r....I. Again? If youare looking for Nico, he’s the one that beat your buddy in the same car with much much less support from the team...... I know all the Elton fans here love it when they are reminded of him

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'll ask again, how many modern drivers have won with more than one team? I'm guessing the list is short? If you want to move the goalpost and say that winning 5 drivers championships isn't important, then lets rank modern drivers by how many times they have been able to duplicate winning drivers championship at different teams. Not an easy thing to do, but maybe a better measure of the raw talent it takes to be a champion in F1?

Blackmamba and ATBNM3 like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I voted for 3 years. I know this for a fact because I asked DC's mother.

Vettel is over the hill. Leclerc can do it, but he needs some time and the team needs the new rules to come into play. Only once the cards for the engines are mixed anew will we have a chance against Merc. Coincidentally that'll be also around the time Lewis will have matched or beaten the last of MS' records and retire.

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Rosberg beat your buddy 3 times in the same car, I know all the Schumi fans love it they are reminded of him

Blackmamba, ATBNM3 and tifosi12 like this.
  5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What a complete nonsense.... according to your "logic" winning the title with the Mercedes in the last 5 years is more of an achievement for Lewis than it would have been winning the title in the McLaren-dog because this would have been the same team and not a a second one... and winning in last year McLaren would have been an achievement for Alonso but not for Lewis because Alonso never won a title with that team before :rolleyes:
    It is hilarious what "arguments" you guys construct to elevate your poster boy....
    Like your pole statistic as a "proof" of Lewis finding the extra tenth like it has nothing to do with the car but only his abilities.... question is why he lost 46% of all qualifyings against Nico in the same car if he is so much better than all the rest unless Nico is no less than the second best qualifyer in history of the sport ;)

LVP488, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lewis is the best qualifier the sport has ever seen, we don't give a darn who is second

Blackmamba, ATBNM3 and william like this.
  7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You do not set the standard for who is and isn't permitted to post. This is a general F1 forum on FerrariChat, as set long ago by the administrator.

You even have Tifosi only threads set up just for you and you still try to drive off other members from other threads for appreciating teams drivers other than Scuderia Ferrari. 30-day thread ban.

Stop trying to discourage non-Tifosi from participating! How many different ways do I have to say it?

Regards,
    Andrew.

Blackmamba, cairns, ATBNM3 and 3 others like this.
  8. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1 to infinity and beyond

ATBNM3 likes this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And once again you are wrong... just because Lewis is the most successful qualifier does not mean he is the best... or do you really think Senna would have lost 46% of the qualys against someone like Rosberg in the same car? It is funny how you guys completely ignore the influence of the dominant Mercedes into these stats...but I guess you will not learn it anymore anyway as facts do not seem to reach the bubble you are living in :rolleyes:

nsxrebel likes this.
  10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    30-day thread ban for ktu and P.Singhof, hijacking thread into another Hamilton bicker-fest.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #61 Mark(study), Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    If you win a championship with one team in today’s MODERN F1 you are in rare company. But being able to change teams and win a drivers championship with as a second team is something only a few of the greatest have been able to accomplish, thus demonstrating that they can repeat championship performances with multiple cars, teams, and engineers.

MS has been able to win after he changed teams, and Lewis has been able to change teams and still put together a drivers championship. These champions haven’t been able to win at multiple teams... Kimi? Alonso? Hill? Nico? Seb? Button? Mika? Mansell? Villeneuve?

Just a third way to show how Lewis’s 5 championships, winning at multiple teams, and all time F1 pole record are something very special, even if some can’t admit it. ;)

Blackmamba, ktu and ATBNM3 like this.
  12. Michael Sexton

Oct 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael Sexton
    #62 Michael Sexton, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
    It doesn't matter to me, you're the one who has the problem with your team and driver. Fabricating excuse after excuse. It's actually quite entertaining watching you try to insult anyone and everyone that says anything positive about the 5 time champ...lol. I know,I know, it's a Ferrari chat and we should all worship what a terrific job they've done these last 5 years.
    I hope Ferrari comes back stronger next year takes the title, it will be good for the sport.
    It just seems like your contemp for Hamilton and mercedes is juuust a little over the top.
    Can't wait for your vitriolic reply full of insults etc. Hopefully you'll out do yourself this time...
    I'll probably get banned for this...lol.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    30-day thread ban. Continuing Hamilton bickerfest.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    30-day thread ban. Continuing Hamilton bickerfest.

7-day site ban, deliberate trolling.

15. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    A better question is:

When will Mercedes leave?

:oops:

16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's a good question. They give no indication as to their plans on the subject.

They may go if a new engine formula is decided, to avoid the enormous investment needed .

The present rules go up to 2020, but may be renewed without much changes.

Mercedes seems comfortable with the hybrid formula and could carry on beyond the 2021 deadline.

I am also wondering how they will chose to leave; just closing down the operation like Toyota, or selling the team cheaply like Honda did.

For sure, Mercedes will be a hard act to follow.

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What is a little bit depressing is that there are very few teams actually competing (in fact for a few years only Mercedes and Ferrari have had a chance to grab the championship), and still Ferrari always loses. Always being second in a championship with only two real contenders is like being last :(
    Red Bull used to be part of the game, but lately they missed the engine to be a real threat; not sure that going with Honda will be an improvement.
    But Red-Bull Honda and Renault are the only teams that could eventually change the two-team championship situation, since other teams are customer teams from Mercedes or Ferrari.

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The increase in viewers this year is 3%. No new makers are interested yet Formula E is attracting the exact big names F1 would like to see. F1 has 1 foot going nowhere and 1 in the past. I would not go to F1 to create a fast moving advert for my company. I would go to Formula E or other places. I do not have 'faith' in Liberty to move the sport forward as it should be moving. When I see new race = street circuit over and over in the press, do the math.

william, daytona355 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  19. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I think we are writing off Ferrari and Vettel too soon. It took MS 5 years to win Ferrari championship. I will give thwm 1 more year, my concern is not Mercedes, but Redbull.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    We need to put resources into 2021 rules Merc has an unassailable advantage under current rules No need to bang your head against a wall - IMO o_O

william likes this.
  21. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Ferrari can win it in 2019. They could have done it in 2018, but needs to up their game in race/pit/tire strategy, driver mental stability and executive management. Off season, Seb has to work on his mental game. Execs need to set the tone with their drivers regarding role and expectations. They also need to work together to provide a unified management team. Strategy was spot on for some races last season, others not so much.

22. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    This whole thread is pointless, because the only correct answer is: "Nobody knows".

Maybe Ferrari will come up with an unbelievably good car in 2019, that none of the other teams can keep up with, and win both Championships.

By the same token, maybe they will take a wrong turn with their design, and make the biggest dog of a car in F1 history.

Maybe the 2020 car will be unbeatable, or the 2021 car (if they're still in F1!).

Perhaps the 2022 car will be fantastic, or the 2023 car, etc., etc., etc.

Maybe they will all be terrible cars, and Ferrari never win a Championship again! - Who knows?

You can guess all you like, but no one can say for sure -Not even Ferrari!

As for:

Ferrari have been through far bleaker times than these, and they have never wanted for drivers - They are the most famous name in motor racing (even Ayrton Senna planned to drive for the Scuderia before he retired: "Even if the car is as slow as a Beetle" )

As Gerhard Berger once said (with a cheeky grin at the end): "For sure it is important to win, but sometimes it is better not to win, but to drive for Ferrari!"

Jeronimo GTO and daytona355 like this.
  23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

And Jackie Stewart said : " When you race, you want to win for yourself, first and foremost. That's what spurs you to give your best."

He famously turned down a drive at Ferrari, but still won 3 WDCs.

cairns and ktu like this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  25. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    nsxrebel likes this.