how reliable has the 360s really been | Page 2 | FerrariChat

how reliable has the 360s really been

Discussion in '360/430' started by scycle2020, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I have a 2001 F1 Modena with 13,800 miles. I have had the battery replaced and the check engine light on a few miss starts. The light went off after the car was restarted.

I purchased a Ferrari for all the fun but I expected reliablity issues and I did not get them. The car has been a Saint ;)

I purchased my Mercedes, a 2001 CL 500 and then a 2003 CL 55. I have had more issues with these two cars then I have ever had with any car I have ever owned before :( I guess that's life :)

2. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Becker Cuéllar
    02'360 6-spd here no problems so far, about 5.5K miles . My pads may have one track event left at most but that is about it.

I hear from some other 360 owners having troubles with the battery but mine fired up every time(so far?). Since I got it there's been 3 times that I had it parked for about a month and everytime it started(last time a couple of weeks ago) and I left it alarmed everytime and nothing else even the mechanic was telling me that I am lucky on this. I drive it often may be that's the trick so far.

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    With several references about check engine lights coming on because of starting technique, would someone please fill me in on what the proper sequence is for firing up a 360? I'm getting my car pretty soon, and a heads up would be appreciated.

Gary

4. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    1999 Modena 6sp-one problem with its idle other then that 16,000 trouble free miles no cost to repair 2003 F1 Spider-4000 miles no problems

5. ninja_eli

ninja_eli Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    June 2003 manual spider. bought on 900 miles, now 4500. owned nearly 6 months.

roof cover was not properly tightened by dealer on delivery, rectified within 2 mins and without cost.

otherwise fantastically reliable, not a problem whatsoever. Driven in icy conditions and hot.

fuel gauge is pretty crap though, can't make up its mind whether its at one bar or three. not a reliability issue, just crap design.

6. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Just click on the alarm before starting, that's about it as far as I know.

A friend hates his 360. Aside from dead batteries (finally fixed that), there was an A/C problem, power top problem, tranny problem, headlight covers were dirty and no way to clean them, and it threw a belt once with under 2000 miles on the clock.

I know of a bunch of others who own 360s (coupes and spiders, f1 and 6 speeds) and the general concensus seems to be that there are definitely problems but they are not too bad to fix. Unless you're talking transmission; then you're screwed.

In mine there was an A/C line rubbing at the bottom belly pan that made a rattling noise and an engine vibration that turned out to be a belt problem or was it pulley problem. Battery died on my constantly too but that was sorted. A/C fan made a squeaking noise also. Mechanically the car is fine, but it has less than 1000 miles.

Cheers

7. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    2003 F1 360 Spyder with 6000 miles.
    Two small problems:Replaced oil gauge because it was reading wrong.
    Car in Gear 1 of manual mode, once or twice died when
    going up a small hill. Dealer tweaked it and all was good.

8. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I've had my 2004 car for a little over 1 month and have experienced all of the above. - Tim

9. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My '04 manual states that you need to turn the key to the first position (system power on) and wait a few seconds for the "check ok" display to come on, before starting the car. This is a pain. I've remembered to do so every start except for 1, but obviously no ill effects. - Tim

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Absolutely! Just not in my personal experience, but hey, thats what happens when you buy a Ferrari. My 355 has been trouble free so far though.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #36 BigTex, Feb 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017