How soon will they extend electric-only range of SF90? | FerrariChat

How soon will they extend electric-only range of SF90?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by bitzman, Nov 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I like the idea it's a hybrid but when I found out the range on electric only is only 15 miles I thought not much if an advance. Will new battery breakthroughs add to that each year? Still i think Ferrari had to do it because the Greenies in each major city will no doubt pass a law banning internal combustion cars in certain areas at certain times and now this Ferrari can qualify for entry where the American imitator, the C8 Corvette, can't.

2. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    Highly unlikely. It's a small battery, and if there is ever an updated unit that will retrofit, it would likely be years from now. The Porsche 918 is now 7 years old, and still doesn't have an upgrade out.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Trying to think of the last time Ferrari offered a decent upgrade to a new car. Maybe 599 HGTE? I don''t think they mess with engine/power. You may be thinking of a common tesla. When the LaF came out with the new brakes all the other models kept the last gen throughout their production years. When a new variant came out, Speciale, it got the brakes. Would have been easy to use the next gen but its not their way. With a hybrid they might release a software "upgrade" but I bet it would be a bug fix billed as an upgrade.