How to remove vents in 348? | FerrariChat

How to remove vents in 348?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 308GTS, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    What is the best way to remove the vents in a 348? I want to remove the top vents that you can position towards your face or around. There are 2 large ones and 2 small ones. Do they just pull out? Thanks.

2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I pulled the Ac vents out of my 348 to clean all the melting crap off them. I used a small screw driver to carefully pry the top edge out. Then I just pulled, and they came out. They are held in with springy black plastic tabs, and just snap in & out. I can't guarantee you won't break anything, but this worked for me.

Good luck.

-John

3. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Thanks. I want to clean them up and make them look a little nicer. I have some sticky substance on a small triangular panel up near the front of the door on the inside by the window. I am going to try to scrape off whatever it is and repaint it.

4. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
  5. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Ok so both vents come out together. You can't take them out one at a time? Do the little ones on either side just pull out?

6. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Yes - they just pull out but be careful - the tabs seem to break easier. Also they are tricker than the center though due to the acute angle of the A/C hose connection in the dash - but basically go slow and you'll be fine.

7. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    also if you want to be anal (like I was) you can pop out the individual swivel pieces and take the vanes completely apart.