Huge mansions in US...post pictures or web links | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Huge mansions in US...post pictures or web links

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by vipermann123, May 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I want to feel silly.

2. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    My personnel preference is anything under 5k sqft. is too small and anything over 10k is too big, 7k to 8k being the sweet spot. Even being single, also need a minimum of 5 bedrooms. The two must haves are pool and garage space.

These are some of the current houses I'm watching:

13805 27 Avenue, Surrey, BC, House For Sale | REW.ca

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/16671580/13657-MARINE-DRIVE-White-Rock-British-Columbia-V4B1A3

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/16525628/24410-26-AVENUE-Langley-British-Columbia-V2Z3A6

3. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
  4. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  5. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Found a pretty nice house in a very good location. Its in an underdeveloped area of North Vancouver. So private rural setting 15 minutes into downtown Vancouver. Waterfront, great views. A rarity for here is the boat dock. Permits for a dock are federal and via the fisheries department. Now its very hard to build a dock.

672 Beachview Drive - West Vancouver Homes and Real Estate - BC, Canada

6. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    #431 zudnic, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    This just came on the market yesterday. Its in my neighborhood. House across the street is for sale for $8million+, so it has several other farm estates around it.

MAGNIFICENT TUSCAN VILLA ESTATE ?

Now for something American based. Its not so much the house, its the history. My parents owned a house very close to it. In fact our house was 3 houses down. Little more history, my parents house was a 4k sqft. rancher with pool and tennis court, guest suite, on 2acres. It sold in 92 for $380k. Wow try buying a house for that now never mind with amenities. Anyway, way back in 91/2 time frame I was getting some sun down in Paradise Valley. The house up the street had helicopters over head, swat team vans in the driveway and dozens of police cars all around. Guess the owner owned a bunch of strip clubs and was under investigation for running a prostitution ring. If I remember correctly he even used the house as a high end brothel.

https://hotpads.com/6412-e-doubletree-ranch-rd-paradise-valley-az-85253-txe2yg/pad-for-sale

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Not a fan of the interior. Master bedroom is odd for my taste. Wood ceiling is dated. For my taste its a complete gut and redo. Exterior is quite nice however.

8. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
  9. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Still some good deals in around Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Also in Dallas and even Phoenix areas.

Agree the master bedroom needs work. But I like wood as a material.

10. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    One day I wouldn't mind moving to Miami Beach or somewhere else in Florida. Nice and warm down there :)

11. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Its nice in Florida, been to Orlando several times, Miami and Key West. The only problem its sort of a big pain to get to from Vancouver or even Seattle. Not many direct flights, you either go through Dallas or Chicago. Driving is a little far. I like Southern California better, but then you have the problem of state income tax potential. I also don't like how California calculates property tax. Phoenix is great but too far from the ocean. Also like Lake Tahoe, but the winter sucks. I don't mind some cold can handle 32 to 40 averages, but hate snow.

12. N.Okrusko

N.Okrusko Rookie

Jan 17, 2016
    Quite a cliché outside the master bedroom; "Love is all you need."

13. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Kind of corny. But that kind of stuff is in fashion these days. Same with the barn style doors on the closets. See it all the time in Architectural Digest magazine.

Local paper did a thing on the house in their real estate section. Owner is an oral surgeon. He says they are selling due to lifestyle change. My bet is divorce.

14. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I agree that its probably divorce!

15. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I feel like I will move to Florida 5-10 years from now.

16. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    You should watch the documentary The Queen of Versailles. It's quite an eye opener as to how some people who seem to have everything actually have almost nothing of worth.

17. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I kind of felt sorry for them. It was more a sad life over the good life. I think before or during or maybe after the doc. Their oldest daughter died of a drug overdose. Regardless non of them seemed happy. Having the daughter die makes it even worse for them. The wife was on some Fox News real estate show. She said with her daughters death, she doesn't care if the house is ever finished because they wont enjoy it.

18. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
  19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Really cool house, but it definitely needs some updating and the ceiling heights seem so low.

20. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Espescially for $35mm :eek:

21. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Yeah, it is a little dated. I think the landscaping is new and pool is new. He's lived in that house since the early 80's. Probably never been remodeled.

22. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
  23. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I've been to every U.S. state. But I was young when in most of the Southern States. Id like to do a driving tour of the south one summer. My Dads family on his mother side is mostly American. So have relatives in New England. It was neat touring around just outside of Boston and seeing mansion built before the American Revolution!

24. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan

If you ever decide to do it, please let me know. I would love to make some recommendations on good towns, roads, and restaurants to visit that may be off the typical tourist path. One thing I would recommend is to do it in the spring or maybe fall, not summer. The time from about the middle of March to the middle of May is glorious here. After that...summer in the South is very hot and humid. It can be a bit miserable if you're not used to it...but if you did come in the summer you would be able to brag to your friends that you survived the heat and humidity! It's as much a part of the culture as anything else here. I think the most beautiful time in the Deep South is about mid March to mid April, when the azaleas are blooming.